This post will show you how to rename or change the name of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. Read on to view a step-by-step walkthrough.
Samsung Default Names
Every mobile device is assigned with a unique name that serves as primary key or identifier. The device’s name is visible when connecting to other devices through Wi-Fi networks or Bluetooth connectivity. Usually, Samsung devices are assigned with a default name that comprises the device model while others have some unique code integration.
If the default name isn’t of your liking, then you can have it changed to whatever name you’d like to use. All you have to do is access the device settings where you can edit its name.
Should you need help getting this done on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, then this video will walk you through the entire process. Here’s how to change the name of your Tab S6.
Easy Steps to Rename or Change the Name of your Galaxy Tab S6
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Screenshots depicting each of the following steps are taken from the actual screens and menus of the Samsung Tab S6. These steps are likewise applicable to rename other Samsung Galaxy devices that run on the same Android version as that of the Tab S6. However, some screens and menu items may vary depending on the device model and service provider.
- When ready, swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen to access the Apps viewer.
On the Apps viewer, different shortcut icons will populate.
- Locate the Settings icon and then tap on it.
Doing so will load up the main settings menu of your device.
In this menu, you will see a list of all basic and advanced Android features you can manage and utilize.
- Scroll down to view more items. Then tap About tablet to view more details about your Tab S6.
Phone number, model number, serial number, IMEI and other relevant information will populate the next display.
The current name of the device is also displayed on the upper center of the same screen.
- To edit the name of the device, tap Edit beneath it.
A pop-up menu will appear beneath the display.
On this menu, you will see the current name assigned to the tablet.
- Tap the text field to edit the existing device name.
If you see the blinking cursor, it means that you're all set to type in a new name for your tablet.
- Just use the soft keyboard to key in or type the new name you'd like to use for your device. Once you're done entering the new name, tap Done.
Doing so will save and apply the recent changes you've made.
- Android 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The changes will also reflect on the About tablet’s menu afterwards.
The new name you’ve assigned to your Galaxy Tab S6 will also be the same name set for your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi direct.
Cannot Change Device Name?
If the recent edits don’t reflect or the device’s name does not change, just reboot your tablet to refresh its internal memory and system functions.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
You Might Also Want to Read:
- How to Rename a Bluetooth Device on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- How to Rename an App on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6|Change App Name Android 10
- How to Reset Access Point Names (APN) Settings on Galaxy S20