This post will show you how to rename an app on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Home screen. Read on to find out how to customize your app icons and name the Home screen shortcuts according to your own preference.
Customizing Home screen App Shortcuts in Android
Renaming an app or program icon on a computer is very easy. However, it could be a bit of a challenge when applied in mobile devices. Thankfully, software developers have never stopped finding ways to make almost all things possible in smartphones and tablets. Hence, renaming and changing of an app icon on Android phones are now made possible with a third-party application.
Assuming that you have installed a screen launcher like Nova and you’ve set it as the default launcher on your Tab S6, you can customize the Home screen controls and rename any of the app shortcuts as you would prefer.
While Samsung devices already flaunt splendid displays, many would still opt to change the default Home Screen layout and customize shortcut icons as they would prefer. If you’re wondering how to do this on your Galaxy Tab S6, this quick demo should help you get started.
Easy Steps to Rename an App on the Galaxy Tab S6 Home screen
Time Needed : 8 minutes
These steps can also be applied to other Android smartphones and tablets for as long as they’re running on the same Android version as with the Galaxy Tab S6 and has the same version of Nova Launcher installed.
- To get started, access the Apps screen by swiping up from the bottom of the Home screen.
Different shortcut controls or app icons will populate the display.
- Locate and then tap the Google Play app.
We need to download the Nova launcher from the Play Store first. But you can just skip this step if you've already installed the Nova Launcher app on your tablet.
- To continue, tap on the Play Store search bar and then type in Nova or Nova Launcher.
Search results will show up on the display.
- Locate and then select the Nova Launcher app and then tap the Install button next to it.
The app download process then instigates.
Just wait until it's finished downloading and installing the application.
Also ensure that your device has sufficient storage space to allocate new app downloads.
- After installing the app, you can tap the Open button to launch it right away.
You can also access and launch Nova straight from the Home screen.
- To launch Nova from the Home screen, simply tap the soft Home key represented by a semi-square icon at the bottom center of the display.
Doing so will prompt you to select a Home app.
In this demo, we're prompted to select between the default One UI Home and Nova Launcher.
- To proceed with this video walk-through, let's select Nova Launcher. That said, tap on it and then select Just once.
Choose Just once if you only use the Nova Launcher when needed. Otherwise, tap Always if you wish to set Nova as your default Launcher.
The Home screen will then apply the Nova Launcher layout.
This denotes that you can now rename any of the app shortcuts from the Home or Apps screen.
- To rename an app, simply rest the S Pen on the app icon that you'd like to change the name on.
If you're using your fingerprints to input commands, long press or touch and hold on the app icon that you'd like to rename and then release when the pop-up menu opens.
- Tap Edit from the pop-up menu to continue.
Another pop-up menu will show up.
Here, you will be asked to edit the selected shortcut icon or folder.
- Tap on the text field and then replace the existing app or folder name with the new name you'd like to use.
Use a name that would best describe the app shortcut or folder.
- After entering the new name, tap Done.
The name of the shortcut folder or app will then be changed.
- Android 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
If you want to change the name again, just repeat the same steps until you get to the menu where you enter the new name you’d like to use for the app shortcut or folder.
Don’t forget to tap Done after typing the name to apply the new changes.
Customize Home Screen Apps with Other Tools
Aside from Nova Launcher, you can also use other tools to customize Home screen apps on your Samsung tablet. Among the widely used apps that serve the same purpose as Nove are QuickShortcutMaker, Smart Launcher 5, Action Launcher, Microsoft Launcher, Lawchair 2, and more.
These tools can be downloaded and installed on your Android smartphone or tablet straight from the Google Play Store.
And that covers everything in this quick guide.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
You Might Also Want to Read:
- How to fix Nova Launcher that keeps crashing on Samsung Galaxy S9 (easy steps)
- 8 Best Launchers for Galaxy S20 in 2020
- 5 Best Launchers For Galaxy S10 In 2020
- Nova Launcher keeps crashing on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus