This post will guide you on how to fix the game Brawlhalla that caused the screen to flicker randomly and understand the reason why it occurs so that you can prevent it from happening again. Continue reading to learn more.
The screen flickering issue can be just a minor software-related problem, or it can also be a serious hardware issue. It’s important that you troubleshoot the game and your computer once you encounter this problem to know its nature and that you can immediately do what’s necessary to fix and prevent it.
If you’re one of the gamers that’s bugged by this issues when playing Brawlhalla, then here are the things you should do to fix it:
Fix #1: Close the game and restart your computer
When the screen flickering occurs while you’re in a game, it’s always possible that it’s just a minor issue with the game. So what you have to do first is to close it and then restart your computer. This will refresh your machine’s memory.
Posts you might like
- Press the CTRL, ALT and Delete keys at the same time.
- Click Task Manager.
- Once the window pops up, look for the Brawlhalla service and click on it.
- Now click on the End task button at the lower-right corner of the window to close it.
- To restart your computer, click the Start button and click Power.
- Click restart and wait until the reboot is finished.
Once your computer has finished rebooting, launch Brawlhalla again and see if the problem is fixed.
Fix #2: Make sure your graphics driver is updated
After the reboot and the flickering continues, the next thing you have to check is the driver of your graphics card. It’s possible that the driver you’re currently using is already obsolete. So follow these steps to update it:
- Click the Start icon, type “file explorer” and click the File Explorer app.
- On the left panel, right-click on This PC and click Properties.
- Click Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, right-click on your GPU and click Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers, and wait until your PC finishes the update.
You may also update the drivers by using the program that often comes with your graphics card.
After updating your GPU driver, run the game again to see if it still crashes.
Fix #3: Verify integrity of game files
After making sure that the drivers on your computer are all updated, what you need to do next is to let the Steam client scan the files and repair them if necessary. All you have to do is initiate the process. Here’s how:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Navigate to the Library tab, right-click on Brawlhalla and click Properties.
- Navigate to Local Files and then click Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the verification is finished.
Once the process is done, open the game again and see if the problem is fixed.
Fix #4: Reinstall Brawlhalla
Lastly, if all else fails, the only option left for you to do is to uninstall the game. This will also delete the possibly corrupted game cache and files. But after that, redownload the game and reinstall it. Here’s how you uninstall the game from your PC:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Navigate to the Library tab and right-click on Brawlhalla.
- Hover over Manage, and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall one more time to remove the game from your computer.
Once the game is successfully uninstalled, restart your PC and then reinstall it. That should take care of the screen flickering issue.
We hope that we’ve been able to help you.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix War Thunder That Stops Responding On Steam
- How To Fix Destiny 2 Stuck On The Loading Screen
- How To Fix Warframe That Keeps Crashing On Steam