In this quick guide, I demonstrate the actual steps to add a Google account to Outlook on Galaxy S20. Read on for more detailed instructions.
Microsoft’s Outlook platform offers a number of features that would benefit people in many ways. With Outlook’s ability to hold multiple accounts for instance, benefits those who have several accounts to manage for personal or business purposes. If you too own multiple email accounts, then you can manage them all through Outlook. All you have to do first is to add your accounts to Outlook. Once you’ve got them all added, you can start accessing each of the accounts mailboxes then read and send email messages.
Easy steps to Add a Google Account to Outlook on the Galaxy S20
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Mapped out below are the steps depicting the entire process of adding a Google account to the Galaxy S20 Outlook app. Individual screenshots are also provided to serve as visual representations for those who aren’t yet familiar with the Android 10 platform on the Galaxy S20 interface.
- Launch the Outlook app.
You can access the Outlook app shortcut or icon from the Apps viewer.
Access to the Apps viewer on the Galaxy S20 is done through a swipe from the bottom of the Home screen.
- Tap on the Outlook profile icon located on the upper-leftmost corner of the Inbox screen.
Doing so will open a pop-up menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Menu then tap the Settings icon.
The Settings icon is represented by a gear-like figure.
- On the Settings screen, tap Add Account.
A pop-up menu will show up beneath the screen.
- Select the option to Add an email account.
On the next screen you will be prompted to enter a work or personal email address that you’d like to add.
- You can enter the email address for your Gmail account directly into the provided text field. Otherwise, tap the Add Google Account button.
To continue with this guide, let’s go for that latter so tap the ADD GOOGLE ACCOUNT button to proceed.
A pop-up selection will be displayed next.
- Select the email (Gmail) address that you’d like to add to Outlook.
On the Sign in with Google pop-up, read and review the information regarding Google services that Microsoft apps and services are granted access to.
After reviewing the permission, scroll down to the bottom then tap the Allow button to confirm.
The selected Google account will then be added in the Outlook Accounts list.
- Android 10
- One UI 2.0 and later
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 Plus
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
To view and manage the account information, just tap on the desired account then make necessary changes to the account details. You can add a description to your account. Doing so will help in faster account identification, especially if multiple accounts have already been added to Outlook.
There is also an option for you to Sync contacts from your Google account to Outlook. And should you encounter any issues during syncing, there’s also an option to reset the account.
- The emails sent from your Gmail account using Outlook won’t appear in your Gmail Sent Items.
- The same goes for the Gmail messages you deleted in Outlook, as they won’t be removed from your Gmail Inbox.
- All changes you’ve made to any email from the account(s) you added in Outlook won’t be applied to the actual connected account.
And that covers everything in this tutorial. Please keep posted for more comprehensive tutorials, tips and tricks that will help you make the most of your new Samsung galaxy s20 smartphone.
Also check out our YouTube channel to view more smartphone video tutorials and troubleshooting guides.