Are you unable to receive calls on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 11? There are various factors that can cause this issue such as a software bug, a network issue, or even a setting problem. you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps on your phone to fix this.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 is a solid and well-built midrange Android smartphone that offers several great features at its price point. It is a 4G only device that comes with a 90Hz AMOLED display, a large 5000 mAh battery, and a 3.5mm audio jack just to name a few. It might not be powerful enough to handle graphics heavy games but its good enough for the needs of most users.
Some of its key features include:
- 6.43-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080) AMOLED display
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 front
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 SoC
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB, 6GB LDPRR4X RAM
- 64GB, 128GB UFS 2.2
- microSD support (dedicated)
- Quad-rear cameras
- 13MP F2.4 front camera
- 4G LTE
- 3.5mm audio jack
- IP53 splash-proof
- 5,000mAh battery w/ 33W fast charging
Why am I not receiving incoming calls?
One of the issues that you might experience with your Redmi Note 11 is when you are not able to receive any incoming calls. This can be a frustrating experience especially if you are waiting for an important call.
Here’s what you need to do to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Restart your Redmi Note 11
The first thing you will need to do when your can’t receive any incoming calls on any smartphone is to restart the device. This not only refreshes the phone software but it also resets the phone connection to the network.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Restarting the phone
- Press and hold the power button.
This should be located on the left side of the smartphone.
- Press the reboot option.
This will appear on the screen. If a confirmation message is shown just accept it.
After the phone has started try to check if you can receive an incoming call.
Solution 2: Clear the data of the phone app
If you are unable to receive incoming calls or make outgoing calls on your Xiaomi phone then you should try clearing the data of the phone app as this might be caused by a glitch in the app.
Clearing data of Phone app
- Tap on your phone Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Manage Apps.
- Tap Phone.
- Tap Clear data.
- Tap Clear all data.
- Tap Ok.
After performing this procedure try to check if your are now receiving calls on your Redmi Note 11.
Solution 3: Check your Redmi Note 11 call settings
There’s a possibility that you are not receiving calls on your phone because of some calls settings that is active such as a number is blocked or your calls are automatically forwarded to another number.
You can check your call settings by opening the phone app then clicking on the three vertical dots found on the top right part of the app and then on settings.
Check if you have blocked any numbers and if you are expecting a call from a blocked number then you should unblock the number.
You should also check if your calls are being forwarded by opening the Calling accounts section then clicking on Call forwarding. Disable this feature if it is active.
Solution 4: Turn off Airplane Mode
Try checking if you have the Airplane mode enabled on your phone as this turns off all radio signals of your phone. Just swipe down from the home screen and if the airplane icon is active then you should tap on it to turn it off.
Solution 5: Turn off Do Not Disturb Mode
Another phone setting that can prevent you from receiving any calls is the DND mode. When this is activated you won’t get any reminders for incoming calls and notifications.
You can turn off the Do not disturb mode by opening your phone Settings then click on Sound & vibration. From here you can turn off the do not disturb mode switch.
Solution 6: Try using a different SIM card
You should eliminate the possibility that an issue with your account or SIM card is causing the problem by using a different SIM card on your phone then checking if the same issue occurs.
You should also consider contacting your carrier to verify if there are any network issues that could prevent you from receiving any calls.
Solution 7: Check if you can receive calls in Safe Mode
You should check if your phone can receive or make calls in Safe Mode. When the phone is running in this mode only the system and pre-installed apps are allowed to run. If you are able to receive any call in this mode then this means that a third party app you installed is causing this problem. You will need to find out what app this is and uninstall it in order to fix this problem.
Redmi Note 11 Safe Mode
- Turn off the phone completely.
- With the phone off, press and hold the power button and volume up button at the same time for a few seconds.
- When the phone vibrates and you see the Xiaomi logo, release the power button however continue pressing the volume up button until you see a menu appear.
- Navigate to the Safe Mode option using the volume down button and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will now boot in Safe Mode.
Are you receiving calls in this mode? If you are then the problem is most likely caused by a downloaded app.
To exit out of Safe Mode you can just restart the phone.
Solution 8: Reset network settings
Sometimes resetting the network settings of your phone will usually fix any call related issues that you are experiencing with it.
- Tap on your phone Settings
- Tap on Connection & sharing.
- Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and Bluetooth.
- Tap Reset settings.
- Tap ok.
After performing this step try checking if the same problem occurs.
Solution 9: Perform a factory reset
In case the above troubleshooting steps fails to fix the problem then you will need to do a factory reset from the recovery mode. This eliminates any software bug related issues that could be causing the problem. Take note that your data stored in the phone will be deleted so make sure you have a backup copy available.
Hard reset Note 11
- Turn off your device.
- Long press the Volume Up + Power buttons together until recovery mode screen appears.
- Release the buttons once you see the Mi logo appear.
- On the Recovery mode screen use the Volume down button to navigate to Wipe data then use the Power button to select it.
- Use the Volume down button to navigate to Wipe All Data then use the Power button to select it.
- Use the Volume down button to navigate to Confirm then use the Power button to select it.
- Once the process has completed select Back to Main menu using the Power button.
- Select Reboot then Reboot to system using the power button.
Solution 10: Contact the service center
If after performing the troubleshooting steps listed above you are still having a problem receiving calls on your device then you should bring this device to a service center and have it checked.
Feel free to visit our YouTube channel for additional support and troubleshooting guides on various devices