Samsung’s voice assistant, Bixby, is a useful addition to doing things on your device with a minimum of effort. For example, you can tell Bixby to send a text with your voice without opening the texting app on your Galaxy Note10+ yourself. There are also other things that you can tell Bixby to do aside from this, such as to reply to an email among other things. In this short guide, we’ll show you the steps on how to send a text with your voice.
How to use voice to text on Galaxy Note10+
In order to begin using Voice Control to text on Galaxy Note10+, you must ensure that the Side key is set to wake Bixby up. By default, this is how the Side Key or Bixby key is configured so if you changed that, make sure to revert it back. Here’s how:
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Advanced features.
- Tap Side key.
- Under Press and hold section, make sure that Wake Bixby is selected.
Once you’ve made sure that the Side has been set to open Bixby, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Bixby key or Side key (button below the volume rocker).
- Give voice command to Bixby such as “Hi, Bixby. Send text to Mike that I’ll be there in 5 minutes.”
- Tap Send button at the bottom to send the text.
- To return to the home screen, just tap the Home key.
How to set up Bixby on Galaxy Note10+
During the initial set up of your device, you will be asked if you want to set Bixby up. If you skipped the setup, you can configure Bixby by doing these steps:
Posts you might like
- Press and hold the Bixby key or Side key (button below the volume rocker) for a few seconds.
- Once you get the Hi, I’m Bixby screen, tap the Next arrow at the bottom.
- Tap the arrow again.
- Select I have read and agree to all of the above, then tap the arrow again.
- Complete the Hi, Bixby voice setup.
You can also access Bixby Voice from Bixby Home. To do this, swipe right from the Home screen to open Bixby Home. Then, swipe to and tap Learn more on the Bixby Voice card.
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help. We also create videos for those wanting to follow visual instructions. Visit our Youtube page for troubleshooting.