Are you having a hard time using your DualShock 4 controllers while playing games on your Playstation 4 and would rather use a keyboard and mouse instead? If the answer for this question is yes, then you are on the right page. In this post, we will discuss and provide a guide on how to connect and use a PS4 keyboard and mouse. This is perfect for those PC players who are used to playing games on their computers and find the DualShock controllers quite challenging to navigate on PS4.
How to Connect a Keyboard and Mouse on PS4
Similar to other gaming consoles, PS4 supports the use of both keyboard and mouse. Having these as your controllers also gives you an advantage when playing first person shooters games. However, there are games in the Playstation that are only designed to work with the console’s controller and not compatible with a keyboard and mouse. You can connect a wireless or wired keyboard and mouse on your PS4. Check the instructions below on how to do it.
Connecting a Wired Keyboard or Mouse on PS4
To connect a wired keyboard or mouse on your gaming console, you need to have an available USB port on your PS4. Plug in the keyboard and mouse cords on the spare USB port located on the front of the PS4 console. Once the console identifies the device connected, a keyboard or mouse icon will automatically flash on the screen. Select the profile you want to use the device with and then you should be able to play the game using these alternative controllers.
Connecting a Wireless Keyboard or Mouse on the Gaming Console
If there are no available USB ports on the console or you only have a wireless keyboard and mouse on hand, you can still connect these as Playstation supports Bluetooth connectivity too. The process is longer compared to connecting the wired keyboard but the steps are still simple.
- Log in to your PS4 profile.
- From your Home Screen, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Devices.
- Highlight Bluetooth Devices from the options and press the Circle button on your controller.
- Your wireless gaming keyboard or mouse should be part of the list.
- Select your wireless gaming keyboard or mouse name and press the Circle button to connect.
- Use the default code 0000, if a code is requested for the device to be connected.
Other Usage of PS4 Keyboard and Mouse
Aside from having a great advantage on some games when using the gaming keyboard and mouse in lieu of the DualShock 4 controller, these accessories also come in handy when using the PlayStation 4 web browser and streaming applications found in the console. As it is way faster to navigate and type words while searching for movies on Netflix or Hulu apps on the PS4.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix Apex Legends CE-34878-0 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix PS4 Apex Legends Unable To Connect Error | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Watch Dogs Legion CE-34878-0 Error | PS4 | 2021
- How To Fix PS4 CE-38706-4 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.