From time to time, gaming consoles like Nintendo Switch usually provide system updates to improve the features available and fix known issues. Unlike the PlayStation or Xbox controllers though, the hybrid gaming console Joy-Cons require updates too. In this post, we will provide how you can easily update each Joy-Con controller of your Nintendo Switch if you happen to own one recently.
Requirements to Update Nintendo Switch Controller
To update the Nintendo Joy cons, you need to ensure that the following requirements are checked.
- The Nintendo Switch console should be paired with the Joy-con controllers.
- The console should be connected to the internet.
- Ensure that the Nintendo console system version is 4.0.0 or higher to have the option to update the Joy con controllers.
How to Update Nintendo Joy Con Controllers
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
Once the above requirements have been checked and the latest system update has already been installed, then you can begin updating the Nintendo controllers. You can update controllers regardless if it is attached or wirelessly connected to the new Nintendo Switch. Here’s the complete steps:
- Open the Nintendo Home menu.
It is where you can usually find your applications and other menus.
- Select System Settings found at the bottom of the screen.
It's the icon that looks like a cogwheel.
- Under System Settings, scroll down the sidebar on the left and select Controllers and Sensors.
This will allow you to change the settings for the Joy Cons.
- On the right pane of the screen, scroll down and select Update Controllers.
The Switch will scan both the left and the right Joy con to make the necessary update.
- Nintendo console
- Nintendo Switch
Take note that it will take a few minutes to update each Joy con controller. Once the Nintendo controller is already updated, the message “Update complete“ will show on the screen. However, if the Joy con is already updated, then the message “All controllers are already up-to-date.” will appear instead.
If you have more than two Joy cons paired on your console, make sure that you update those as well for it to function properly. The steps provided are also applicable to update each Joy con of a new Switch Lite.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Fix Madden 21 Lag, High Ping, Or Latency | NEW 2020!
- How To Use Nintendo Switch Dark Mode | Easy Steps | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix Roblox 517 Error | Easy Solutions |NEW 2020!
- How To Fix Valorant Critical System Error | Easy Solutions NEW 2020!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.