There are different ways you can take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. You can use button combinations, palm swipe, assistant menu, Bixby, or even Google Assistant. We will be showing you how these different methods are performed.
The Samsung Galaxy z Flip 4 is the latest premium Android smartphone that’s quite portable due to its foldable design. You can easily fold its 6.7-inch display in half allowing it to fit easily in your pocket. It even has an upgraded camera sensor that allows it to take better quality pictures in medium to low light.
How do I take a screenshot on my Z Flip 4?
One of the features that you will use on your Android phone is taking a screenshot. You might take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 when you reach a certain level in a game you are playing and want to share your achievement to your friends. You might also want to take a screenshot of an important document on your phone.
If you just got a brand-new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 and are wondering how to take a screenshot, then here are the different ways to do it.
Solution 1: Take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 using the hardware keys
The fastest way you can take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is by simultaneously pressing the power and volume down hardware keys. This is the normal screenshot method applicable to most Android devices.
Screenshot using physical buttons
- Press the power button, and volume down button at the same time. Do not release the keys until the screen flashes white.
When the screen flashes white or you see a screenshot animation this means that the screenshot has been successfully taken. You will then see a small menu bar appear at the bottom of the screen. This menu bar will have three buttons. The first button is to edit and crop the image. The second button is to enable Scroll Capture or scrolling screenshots. This is a long screenshot that looks like merging multiple screenshots in to one. The third button is to share the image on social media.
Solution 2: Screenshot using Palm Swipe method
The palm swipe method allows you to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 simply by swiping your palm across the screen.
You first need to make sure to enable Palm swipe in your phone as this is disabled by default.
Enabling palm swipe
- Go to Settings -> Advanced Features -> Motions and Gestures. There will be an option called Palm swipe to capture. Tap on it to enable.
Solution 3: Screenshot using Assistant menu
The assistant menu is a semi-transparent floating button that’s overlayed on the phone screen. It allows the phone owner to get faster access to some of the phone’s features such as taking a screenshot.
Since this menu is disabled by default you will need to enable it first.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity and turn on the Assistant menu switch.
Once the menu has been enabled here’s how you can take a screenshot.
- To take a screenshot just tap on the small circle. A number of options will appear. Tap on Screenshots. The screen will flash white, indicating that a screenshot has been taken.
Solution 4: Screenshot using Bixby or Google Assistant
If you have Bixby Voice set up on your phone, then you can take a screenshot with a simple voice command.
- Say “Hey Bixby, take a screenshot”
Bixby will capture what’s on your screen.
If you are using Google Assistant, then here’s how you can take a screenshot.
- Navigate to the page you want to capture.
- To wake the assistant say, “OK, Google.”
- Say, “Take a screenshot.”
All captured screenshot images can be accessible using the Gallery app.
Troubleshooting screenshot issues on your Galaxy Z flip 4
Sometimes your phone might not take a screenshot. Here’s what you can do to fix this.
Restart the Galaxy Z Flip 4
Restarting the phone will close all of the running apps and reboot your phone operating system. This refreshes the device and gets rid of certain bugs that might be causing the problem
- Turn off the Galaxy Z Flip 4 by pressing and holding the Bixby button and the volume down button on the side of the device.
- Choose Power off.
- Choose Power off again. The device will turn off.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device to turn on the Samsung phone.
Run the Galaxy Z Flip 4 in Safe Mode
If you can take a screenshot on your phone prior to downloading an app from the Google Play Store then there’s a possibility that this app is preventing you from taking a screenshot.
You should start the Galaxy Z Flip 4 in Safe Mode to check if a third party app is causing the problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Side key past the model’s name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Side key.
- Immediately after releasing the Side key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
If you are not experiencing the problem on this mode, then it’s likely caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I take long screenshots on my Galaxy z Flip 4?
Long screenshots or scrolling screenshot allows you to capture an entire page even if it can't fit your phone screen.
Navigate to the page you want to capture.
Take a screenshot.
When the screenshot toolbar shows up, tap the Scroll Capture button.
Tap on the screen when you want the feature to stop scrolling.
- Where are my screenshots stored?
Since the screenshots are images, they can be easily accessible using the Gallery app.
Open the Gallery app.
Go into Albums.
Your images should be there.
- What resolution are my screenshots?
Your screenshot resolution will be the same as your screen resolution except if you are taking a long screenshot.
- How can I view screenshots?
You can view screenshots using the Gallery app.
- Can I edit screenshots?
You can edit screenshots before saving them by using the edit button found at the bottom.