The #Samsung #Galaxy #S7 is a flagship smartphone released by the South Korean company last year. It has a similar design structure to the S6 but it has several improvements over this previous model. Some of the key features of the phone not found on its predecessor include waterproofing, dustproofing, and the availability of a microSD card slot. Aside from this the phone also includes some upgraded internal hardware components which make the device perform better. A lot of people are using this phone right now as their primary daily driver and although this device doesn’t have any major issues there are instances when certain problems can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S7 stuck in recovery mode boot loop issue & other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S7 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S7 Stuck In Recovery Mode Boot Loop
Problem: Ive been messing with this forever bootloop at first I’ve tried every booting option and now I’m stuck in the recovery booting loop blue font at top of screen and it will only do this when plugged into the charger I can’t even get the Samsung logo up anymore so problem goes on I downloaded the firmware from Sammobile and using Odin I was just going to get it to turn on so i can figure it out from there but I can’t get it to go to the downloading screen when plugged into my computer it goes to the screen and tells me to press the volume up to continue but I soon as do it goes black and starts with the recovery boot loop again I can get to the continue screen if I have it plugged into the wall but not my pc so I’m stuck hopefully you can give me the info I need hoping that it’s not impossible to fix because I haven’t seen the specific problems anywhere online so sorry for the long post but just trying to get you everything it’s been doing thank you and I hope to hear from you soon because I’m going crazy
Solution: It looks like this might already be a hardware related issue possibly due to a faulty pin in the charging port. You should try cleaning the charging port of your phone first using a can of compressed air making sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed. Proceed with flashing your phone after this but this time try using a different USB cord.
If the issue still persists then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S7 Hot Not Responding After Overnight Charging
Problem: I have charged my phone throughout the night as I usually do, but in the morning the phone was really hot and it was just black didn’t respond to anything I did. Have any clues? Thanks for the help!
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to simulate a battery pull. This is done by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Normally, the phone will restart after this. If your phone is still not responding then proceed with the following troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Charge the phone for at least 20 minutes using a different charging cord and wall charger. Make sure that the cord and charger has been tested to work on another device.
- Turn on the phone.
If the phone still gets hot and remains unresponsive then this could already be a hardware related problem in which case you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S7 Unresponsive After System Update
Problem: Hi there! Today I tried updating my S7 and in a nutshell a whole lot of things went wrong very quickly:
- A black bar appeared across the middle of the screen while it said ‘installing system update’
- I looked on your website and used the force restart (lock key + volume down key) multiple times to try to get the update working (it took about three times to get rid of the black bars and actually get the progress bar up)
- It asked me to put in my pin and then froze
- Since then, the screen has been unresponsive except for the keys at the bottom being continuously lit up
The phone is less than two months old and is in near mint condition, and I’ve tried both the force restart and holding down the home, volume up and power keys – the phone is unresponsive whether it’s plugged in or not. Thanks heaps for your time
Solution: What you will want to do right now is to start the phone in recovery mode then do the following.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone.
- Perform a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will need to flash your phone with its updated firmware file using Odin. You can download the firmware file from the Sammobile website. You will also find the instructions on how to flash your phone from this website.
S7 Screen Not Working After Phone Fell
Problem: Phone fell hard on the ground, tile bathroom floor, there is a crack. I can hear it ring but I can’t answer or see anything on the screen. Didn’t really have time for it to be repaired, but not really in the position to replace it. I can see the blue notification light. and the bottom lights come on if I hit the home button. Any suggestions?
Solution: It’s very likely that the display has been damaged by the drop. You should however check if this is just a software related problem by starting the phone in recovery mode. If the screen works in this mode then I would recommend that you do a factory reset. Take note that the reset will erase your phone data.
In case the screen does not work when you start the phone in recovery mode then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked. The worst case scenario is that you will have to replace the whole display assembly of the device.
S7 Not Responding After Update
Problem: Hi, after overnight phone update, there is blue blinking light. The phone is not responding to any of mentioned resets or restarts, is there any new reset combination that can be done
Solution: You should try performing a battery pull for this particular issue. This is done by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. If the issue still persists then proceed with the following troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of your phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Charge your phone for at least 20 minutes using a charging cord and wall charger that are known to work. You can check this first with another device.
- If your phone has a microSD card installed then remove it.
- Try turning on your phone by simulating a battery pull again.
If the phone does not turn on then you will need to bring this to a service center and have it checked.
S7 Not Turning On After Drop In Swimming Pool
Problem: The cell was dropped into the swimming pool (fresh water). Dry it externally let it dry for a few hours and try to turned it on. Have no luck, went on line and find you guys. I followed all yours advises, no luck. I open the cell and placed it with alcohol 90 deg in a pan for a few minutes and dry it again with a cold hair blower. Assembled and test it, no luck. Please advise. Thanks
Solution: It looks like water has entered the device when it got dropped in the pool. If this is the case then some component might have been water damaged. You need to bring this phone to a service center and have it checked.
S7 Stuck In Recovery Mode
Problem: I have a Galaxy s7 and i have a black screen and a solid blue light. i went through your trouble shooting and now it i stuck going into recovery mode every 30 seconds or so. It shows the white android guy with a blue back ground and said installing system update then would freeze and go back to a black screen. I am currently in Panama for work and currently cannot send out for repair. Also i am not sure what version i am running i did a system update about a month ago
Solution: Does your phone have a microSD card installed? If it does then try removing it first. Once this is done perform a simulated battery pull by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. If it doesn’t then check if the issue occurs when the phone is connected to its charger. If the phone boots normally when connected to the charger then the problem could be caused by a faulty battery in which case you will need to have this checked at a service center.
One last troubleshooting step that you should consider is a factory reset from the recovery mode. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S7 Keeps On Rebooting
Problem: Samsung Galaxy S7/; Latest software/firmware May-June 2017. Problem occurred with recurring automatic rebooting since 1-2 weeks (after last firmware update)
Today, reboot when changing from Pokemon Go, to an internet page app (standard app in the phone), when the screen went to black with a continuous blue light on.
– Cellphone totally unresponsive
– Calling the cellphone results in phone that appears to be set to off
– Screen black unresponsive, no sounds with any of the buttons
Things tried out:
– Power button pushed for normal reboot 20 sec. Result, nothing changed
– After reading online further:
– Soft reset with Volume down + power button pushed 40 seconds, no result.
– Reset with Volume up + power down again 40 seconds, with no result
– Hard reset tried, volume down + home + power button, ca 40 sec and no result
– reset with Volume up + home + power button, again 40 sec and no result
Screen stays black, with 1 blue light continuously on (not blinking!). No idea where to go from here, suggestions welcome
Solution: Listed below are the additional troubleshooting steps that you need to perform for this problem.
- Remove the microSD card of your phone if you have one installed then check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by a corrupt card in which case you need to replace this.
- Connect your phone to a charger then check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by a faulty battery. Have this checked at a service center.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then perform a factory reset from here. Take note that this will erase your phone data som make sure to have a backup copy first before proceeding with this.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.