When your phone battery runs low the first thing that you will probably do is to look for the charger and charge the device. The #Samsung #Galaxy #S5 for example will need to be charged for around 2 hours from 10% to 100%. While charging the device is quite easy there are instances when issues can arise. This is what we will be discussing today as we tackle the Galaxy S5 will not recognize charger issue & other related problems. We have selected several issues of this nature that you, our readers, have sent us and have addressed them below.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
You may also reach us at our Facebook and Google+ social media accounts.
S5 Will Not Recognize Charger
Problem: My phone will not recognize its charger at all when it is on. I have tried multiple cords and charging boxes. When it is turned off it will start to charge and show the battery picture for about 6 seconds then it goes away. It does this over and over again. It will eventually charge this way but obviously something went wrong. I have tried a soft reset and cleaning the charging port. What else can I do? Thanks
Solution: Since you have already tried using different cords and charging boxes then we can eliminate this as causing the problem. What you need to concentrate on this time is the phone software, battery, and the charging port. Follow the troubleshooting I’ve listed below.
- Take out the phone battery. Press and hold the power button for at least a minute then reinsert the battery. This procedure discharges the phone circuit and clears out its RAM. Check if you are now able to charge your phone.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset. After the reset do not install any app in your phone yet. Try to check first if the phone will charge.
- Try using a new battery on your phone.
If the above troubleshooting steps fail then I suggest you bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked. It’s possible that there could be an issue with the charging port or with the power IC of your device.
S5 Will Not Charge
Problem: Help please!! I used the same charger all the time the all of the sudden last night it wouldn’t charge my phone. The message I get when I plug the charger in. “Unable to charge. Use original charger. The connected charger is incompatible with your phone. To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped. To continue charging, use the original charger and cable that were provided for this phone.” It is the original charger.
Solution: There are two possible factors that could be causing this problem. First, it could be caused by the charger. Second, it could be caused by the phone. Follow our troubleshooting steps listed below to fix this problem. Move to the next step if issue still persists.
- Try using a different charger. Make sure to use a different charging cord and charging block. If possible try to check this other charger with another device and see if it works.
- Clean the charging port of your phone. Sometimes there could be some dirt or debris present in this port. This can often interfere with the charging process. To clean the charging port use a can of compressed air, a cotton bud dipped in alcohol, or blow on it using a straw.
- Take out the phone battery then press and hold the power button for at least a minute. This will discharge the phone circuit and clear out its RAM. Reinsert the battery then turn on your phone.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from recovery mode. This deletes the temporary data in your phone which could be causing the problem.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S5 Not Charging With Particular USB Cable
Problem: Hi just curious I have a Samsung s5. I brought a new usb charger but the phone wont charge at all with the new cable in. I’ve checked and other usb cables are charging my phone perfectly. The reason I’m confused is because the new usb cable will charge another s5. Could software be preventing my phone from accepting the new usb cable or any other reasons as it works on another s5 with no problem. I use the official samsung plug thank you for your help.
Solution: This is indeed a strange issue since the new cable is recognized by another S5 but not on your device. It’s possible that the phone software is causing this issue. Try troubleshooting this issue by performing the steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of your phone using a can of compressed air or cotton bud dipped in alcohol. Check if the USB cable works.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.
- Try to move or bend the USB cable while it is connected to the phone then check if it gets detected. If there are instances when it gets detected then the problem could be caused by a loose connection in the USB cable itself or the phone charging port.
S5 Does Not Charge
Problem: My phone won’t charge no matter the cord or wall outlet I use. When I plug in the USB cord it displays the empty battery with a thunderbolt sometimes, other times it doesn’t display anything at all. Very occasionally will it actually charge, and even then it’s just for a few minutes up to 1 or 2%, then cut out.
Solution: Try to perform the troubleshooting steps listed below to resolve this issue. Move to the next step if the current step fails to resolve the problem.
- Clean the charging port of your phone. You can use a can of compressed air or a cotton bud dipped in alcohol.
- Try using a different charger. Make sure to use a different USB cord and charging block.
- Replace the battery with a new one.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
If the above troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issue then I suggest you backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S5 Does Not Turn On Or Charge
Problem: After heavy use of photo apps I attempted to install a spirit level app and phone reported lack of memory so skipped the install. Later phone was fine for texting and a call. A while after that pressing power did not light the screen. Pressing and holding power gives a flickering green LED but no wake up. Pressing and holding power and volume up produced flickering green LED but nothing else. Similarly holding power and down was no better. So I removed phone from case, pulled battery and memory card. Still no improvement, including simultaneous button holds. Tried charger, saw flickering green LED and phone and battery got hot quickly. Finally removed battery, held power for 1 min, inserted battery and played on charger. No green charging LED and no heat. Waiting 20 min before attempting next power up.
Solution: Try starting your phone in recovery mode. If you are able to access this mode then proceed with wiping the cache partition of your phone. If this does not resolve the issue then do a factory reset in this mode. Take note that this will delete your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding.
If your phone is unable to acces the recovery mode then I suggest you try getting a new battery.
If the above troubleshooting steps fail then bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked.
S5 Turns Off When Disconnected From Charger
Problem: My phone turns off within seconds of taking it off charge. When I do take it off it vibrates, the logo screen comes on, it vibrates again, and repeats. the only way to use my phone is while it is on charge. I’m willing to do anything, but factory reset. I would really need the help. Thank you
Solution: It’s very likely that the problem is caused by a weak battery. Try getting a new battery and see if this fixes the problem.
S5 Erratic Charging
Problem: When you plug in the charger it will charge on and off and will drain very quickly. When it is not plugged in it will say its charging on and off.
Solution: In most cases like this the problem is usually caused by a defective charging port. You should however check first if the phone software is causing this by backing up your phone data then doing a factory reset. If the issue still remains after this then bring your phone to an authorized service center and have your phone checked.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.