Do you want to know how to remove Instagram remembered accounts? Normally, when you log out of an app from your Android device or iPhone it forgets your login details. This is not the case for the Instagram app though as it remembers your account name and password to easily log you back in. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to remove your saved login info.
Instagram is one of the popular social networking platforms that allows users to share photos and videos. This service which first started in 201o and made available only for the iPhone was acquired by Facebook in 2012, the same year it released an Android app version. Instagram users are able to like, comment on and bookmark others’ posts, as well as send private messages using the Instagram Direct feature. Today, an estimated 1.45 billion users are using this platform.
How do you delete remembered accounts on Instagram?
One of the issues that you might encounter when using the Instagram app is when logging out of the app anyone can easily log your account back in if they have access to your phone. This is because of the remembered account feature of the app.
The remembered account on Instagram feature exists for the user convenience as it makes them easily get back to their accounts. One disadvantage to this though is that anyone can access your account if they borrow your phone.
Here are some of the ways that you can remove a remembered Instagram account on your smartphone.
Time Needed : 2 minutes
Prevent Instagram app from remembering your Instagram account information
- Open the Instagram app
You can do this by clicking on the app icon on your Android smartphone homescreen.
- Tap your profile picture.
This can be found on the lower right side corner of the Android Instagram app .
- Tap the three bar icon.
This can be found at the upper right side corner of the Android Instagram app.
- Select Settings.
This will allow you to access the settings menu of the Instagram Android app.
- Tap log out.
You will find this the very bottom of the Settings menu. Just scroll to the very bottom.
- Uncheck the Remember my login info box then tap log out now.
This will completely log you out of the Instagram account that's logged in to the app.
Solution 1: Don’t save login info
The Instagram app does not automatically save your login information. The first time you log out of the app it will ask you if you will allow it to remember your login info. By making sure to uncheck the remember my login info box before you log out the app won’t save your login information.
Solution 2: Remove your account from the Instagram app
What if you already activated the remembered account on Instagram feature? When you log out of your Instagram account it’s easy to log back in as you will only need to clock on the login button found after your Instagram profile icon. To make sure that this does not happen you will need to remove your Instagram account from the app.
Remove Instagram account
Take note that this can be done only when you have logged out of your Instagram account and you have enabled the remember my login info feature.
Solution 3: Remove multiple Instagram accounts on Instagram app
If you have multiple Instagram accounts and you want to delete these remembered Instagram accounts on the app then you just need to follow our solution 2, but do these for all the accounts saved by the app. This removes the Instagram login information for all accounts.
Removing remembered Instagram accounts
Make sure that you have logged out of these multiple accounts before proceeding.
Open the Instagram app.
Tap the three dots at the right side of your Instagram account.
Tap on Remove.
Repeat these for all remembered accounts
Solution 4: Clear data of the Instagram app
One way to completely remove any personal information saved by the app, such as login details, is to clear data and clear storage on your Android phone. Aside from removing your login details this will also remove any saved copy of your photos in your gallery. This won’t remove any photos that are posted on your Instagram profile.
Clearing Instagram data on Android phone
- Long press on the Instagram icon and go to the app info menu.
- Tap on Storage.
- Select Clear data and Clear cache.
Solution 5: Log out of Facebook app
If your login data is still remembered by the app then you should try to log out of Facebook. This usually works if you are using Facebook to log in to Instagram. After you log out of Facebook try checking if you are logged out of Instagram as well. When you log back in to Facebook you will still be logged out of Instagram until you manually log back in.
Logging out of Facebook
- Go to the Facebook app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Logout.
- Go to the Instagram account on the same device, you will see that you have removed the remembered account on Instagram from your Android phone.
- Log back to your Facebook account.
Solution 6: Change your current password on Instagram
One effective way to make sure that your remembered account on Instagram can’t be accessed by anyone is to change the password. This is also an effective way to prevent access to your account from an iPhone or Android device that you currently don’t have access to.
Changing Instagram password
- Open your Instagram account on the app.
- Tap on your profile photo
- Tap on the three horizontal bar icons on the top right corner
- Tap on the Settings.
- Tap on Security.
- Under Login security tap on Password.
- Enter your current password and the new password.
- Tap on the blue colored ‘✓’ on the top right corner to successfully change your password.
Solution 7: Remove a remembered account on Instagram from iPhone
For iPhone users here’s what you need to do to remove the saved login information of Instagram.
- Open your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines or the menu at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Privacy and Security.
- Under Login security tap on Saved Login info.
- Swipe left to disable the ‘Saved Login info‘ feature.
- A pop-up will appear asking the Remove saved login info option. Tap on Remove.
- Go back to the main Settings menu.
- Tap on Logout.
- A pop-up will appear asking the Remove saved login info option. Tap on not now.
- Tap on Log Out.
Solution 8: Remove remembered Instagram account from PC
If you are using Instagram from a computer browser then here’s what you can do to remove the remembered Instagram account.
- Open Instagram on your web browser.
- Click on your Profile Icon at the top-right corner
- Click on Profile.
- Click on Gear icon beside Edit Profile button.
- Click on Log Out option.
- You should be on Instagram Login page where you can see Continue button to log back in with a single click. Just below Continue button, click on Remove Account button.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have my Instagram account information remembered again?
Yes it is possible to have your account remembered again. Just log out and log back in and this time, let Instagram remember your login info when prompted.
- How do I log out of my Instagram account from all devices?
Instagram does not provide this option. What you can do is to change your password instead then select the log out of all devices option.
- How do I unlink two Instagram accounts?
Tap the username in the drop-down list that you want to log out of. Tap the “Log Out” button in blue at the bottom.
- How do I delete a linked account on Instagram?
You will have to go to the “Delete your Account” page in the Help Center. Then select the option to log out of the account that you want to delete before filling out and submitting form on that screen with any questions required.
- How to Restore deleted Instagram posts from your mobile?
Open your Instagram account on your Android phone.
Tap on your profile photo.
Tap on the three horizontal bar icons.
Tap on ‘Account.
Scroll down to Recently deleted.
You can see the posts, videos, or stories that you have deleted.
Tap on the post that you wish to restore.
On tapping you see three vertical dots icon down in the right corner, tap on it and then finally tap on Restore.
Posts you might like