The Call of Duty Vanguard launched by Activision is the latest installment from one of the most popular video game series in the world. Similar to its predecessors, the first-person shooter game also features various multiplayer modes and supports cross-platform gameplay. If you are someone who just started playing the relatively new game from the Call of Duty franchise and don’t know how to join a multiplayer match yet, then this article is meant to help you. Keep on reading as we show you how to add and play with friends in COD Vanguard.
How to play with friends in COD Vanguard
It is common knowledge that the majority of Call of Duty players find it more enjoyable to use the multiplayer mode in their games as it allows them to engage with friends regardless of what platform they are on. If you are new to the COD Vanguard game, here are the easy steps on how to play with your friends:
- Launch the game and select any of the COD Vanguard multiplayer modes.
- Press the F1 button to open the Social tab (If using the consoles, press the “Triangle” button on the Playstation or the “Y” button on your Xbox controller).
- From the Social Menu, go to the Friends tab to access your Friends list.
- A list of all your friends (both online and offline) will be reflected on this section.
- Select the friends you want to join in your game.
- Choose “Join game” or “Invite to party” from the options. You can then start playing with your friends once they have accepted the invitation.
How to play with friends from different platforms
If some of the friends you wish to join are using a different platform, you can still invite them to play in your game using the Add Activision Friends option. With this option, you can search your friends using their Activision account. You can check our previous article to serve as your guide in adding friends in Call of Duty Vanguard in case you have not tried it yet.
How to enable cross-play in COD Vanguard
As mentioned above, Vanguard has cross-platform gameplay which gives you the freedom to play with other COD gamers who use other platforms such as Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Playstation or the PC. You just need to ensure that the cross-play feature is enabled to be able to play with your Activision friends without any trouble. Here’s how to do it:
Posts you might like
- Launch the COD Vanguard Multiplayer game.
- Access Settings next.
- Select the Account & Network tab.
- Crossplay status should be turned on. Keep in mind the information reflected on the side of the screen regarding the feature.
How to use the split-screen mode in playing COD Vanguard
Similar to Modern Warfare and other COD games, the split-screen multiplayer feature is also present in Call of Duty Vanguard. Console players can use the said feature both locally and online but PC gamers do not have this available as of this writing. If you intend to play with others using the split-screen mode, refer to the steps below on how to set it up in Call of Duty Vanguard.
- In order to enable the split-screen feature, a second controller must be connected to the console.
- Press the “Triangle” button on Playstation or the “Y” button on Xbox after the controller has been successfully connected to activate the feature.
The Call of Duty Vanguard game supports split-screen for up to four players. The other players need to sign into their account or as a guest on the Xbox or Playstation console in order to play with you in the same multiplayer match.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How To Fix Valorant VAN 68 Error Code | Working Solutions 
- How To Fix Battlefield 2042 Stuck On Loading Screen | Quick Fixes 
- How To Fix COD Warzone Pacific Stuck On Lobby | Quick Solutions 
- How To Fix Battlefield 2042 Launch Error 0xC0020015 | Easy Solutions
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.