In this troubleshooting guide, you will learn what to do if your Oppo Find X2 Pro keeps lagging or freezing. You will also be able to understand the reason why performance issues occur every now and then, and what you need to do to prevent them. Read on to learn more.
Performance issues like lags and freezes may occur more often than other problems, however, they’re not really that serious. In other words, it is easier to fix these kinds of problems that you may only need to do one or a couple of procedures to make your phone work perfectly again. That’s what we’re going to do here, so if you’re one of the user with this problem, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Try closing apps running in the background
When it comes to performance issues, there is always a possibility that what causes them are apps that are left running in the background and are still using the RAM and CPU. Thus, the first thing that you need to do is to rule out this possibility by closing the apps.
- To do so, just tap the Recent Apps key and then tap the X to close all apps.
- Once all background apps are closed, try to see if your Find X2 Pro is still lagging and freezing.
If it still does, try the next solution.
Second solution: Check the storage space
Another possibility that you need to look into when troubleshooting your phone that keeps lagging and freezing is that your phone might be running low on storage. All apps and services create caches when used. Needless to say, they take up storage space.
So check the storage on your phone and delete some files or apps if necessary. If this isn’t the issue, then try the next solution.
Third solution: Force restart your phone
After doing the first and second solutions and your Oppo Find X2 Pro still keeps lagging or freezing, what you need to do next is to refresh the memory by doing the forced restart. It is a simulated battery removal that will also reload all services and apps in your phone. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key for 10 seconds.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device finishes the reboot.
After the forced reboot, try to see if your phone is still lagging or freezing. If it does, move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your Find X2 Pro
A factory reset can fix any firmware issue or performance-related problems like this. So after doing the first three solutions and your Oppo Find X2 Pro is still lagging, then you have no other choice but to reset your device. But before you do that, make sure to back up your files and data as they will be deleted. When ready, follow these steps to reset your device:
- Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Tap Additional Settings.
- Tap Back Up and Reset.
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Erase All Data.
- Tap Erase Data.
- Tap Erase Data. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored. Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your mobile phone and prepare it for use.
After the reset, set up your phone as a new device. You should be able to use it properly now.
And that’s what you need to do if your Oppo Find X2 Pro keeps lagging or freezing. We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel.
- How To Fix The Oppo Find X2 Pro Screen Flickering Issue
- What To Do If Oppo Find X2 Pro MMS Won’t Send
- Oppo Find X2 Pro Can’t Send / Receive Text Messages