Have you encountered a Nintendo Switch 2819-0003 error code on your screen while playing a game? Or a message “Play is being suspended. Downloaded software or downloadable content may be being played on another console using the same Nintendo Account.” is displayed after the game is interrupted? If the answer is yes for both questions, then we suggest you continue to read this article to learn more about this specific error code. Also, feel free to apply the solution that is provided in this article.
What does the Nintendo Switch error code 2819-0003 mean?
According to the Nintendo Support, the error code 2819-0003 will be encountered if you have two Nintendo Switch consoles linked to one Nintendo Account. The error code will appear on the secondary console, when both of the gaming consoles associated with the Nintendo Account are playing the same game at the same time. As the error code will pause the downloadable content in the secondary console and will prevent you from playing the game at that specific time.
How to fix Nintendo Switch error code 2819-0003?
In order to fix the error code 2819-0003 present in your gaming device, you need to set your Nintendo Switch as the primary console and deregister the other console linked to your Nintendo Account. The paused software will resume once you have assigned your own Switch as the main console and the error code 2819-0003 will be eliminated.
How to change the primary console for your account?
There are two ways to deregister the current Nintendo Switch assigned as the primary console. Both methods are provided below as your reference.
If the primary console is available, here are the steps to deregister the console:
- Go to the Home Menu.
- From the Home Menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon to access the online store.
- Login using your Nintendo Account credentials.
- Access the Account Information by selecting your profile icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the right pane, scroll down and look for the Primary Console option.
- Tap the Deregister button to remove the Switch from being the primary console. Repeat these steps if you have other consoles linked to your Nintendo Account.
- Get your Nintendo Switch and access Nintendo eShop. After you have logged in successfully to the Nintendo eShop, the console will be automatically tagged as the primary console.
If you don’t have any access to the primary console, you can deregister it through the Nintendo website. Take note that you can only do this process on the website once a year. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the Nintendo website and sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Select Shop Menu.
- On the Shop Menu page, scroll down and select Deregister Primary Console. Follow the instructions reflected on the screen to complete the process.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to Nintendo eShop in order for your console to be set as the main console for your account.
After you have completed these steps, you should be able to play the downloadable content without any problem. The error code 2819-0003 will never show on your Switch again as it is already assigned as the main console for your Nintendo Account.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix COD Warzone Fatal Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Apex Legends Crashing On PS4 | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Epic Games Launcher Won’t Install | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix Arctis 5 Microphone Not Working | NEW & Updated 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.