Knowing how to enable and use Mobile Hotspot can come handy if you are a Galaxy S7 Edge user wanting to share internet connection to other devices. Basically, Mobile Hotspot is a feature that lets you create a wifi network by essentially turning your device as a portable router. If you are wondering how to set up Mobile Hotspot on your Galaxy S7, continue doing the steps below.
How to turn on Mobile Hotspot on Galaxy S7 Edge
When turning on Mobile Hotspot, keep in mind of your data consumption as it can quickly gobble up your monthly allocation. We suggest that you only use Mobile Hotspot for extremely important situations. If you have a huge monthly data allowance though, you may want to relax a little.
Below are the steps to start using Mobile Hotspot
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Select Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Select Mobile Hotspot.
- If it’s your first to use Mobile Hotspot then you must create one first. Just follow on-screen instructions to do so.
- Once you’re done, make sure to toggle the On switch to turn this Mobile Hotspot on.
How to use your Mobile Hotspot
Connecting to your newly created Hotspot should be as easy as connecting to any wifi network.
- On the device trying to connect to your hotspot, pull down the notification shade and tap wifi icon to turn it on.
- Find the network you’re trying to connect to.
- Enter the wifi password.
- That’s it!
How to tether from Galaxy S7 Edge Mobile Hotspot
You can also use your Galaxy S7 Edge as an alternate modem to allow a computer to connect to the internet. You can do so by tethering the computer to your Galaxy S7 Edge using a USB cable. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap the app drawer, or the Notification Shade.
- Tap Mobile hotspot and tethering.
- Tap the switch next to USB tethering.
- Go to your computer is internet is now working.
Some carriers may not allow USB tethering. If there’s no internet connection when trying to use this feature, talk to your carrier to see if there’s a restriction in place.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.