Some of you might not know that the #Samsung #Galaxy #S8 can connect to a smart TV and mirror its content on the large screen. This is called screen mirroring and is ideal when you want to share the content of your device to several people or if you just want to enjoy the multimedia content of your phone on a much larger display.
To screen mirror the phone on a TV you will of course need the S8 with the Smart View app installed. This app acts as a remote control allowing you to control what content on the phone you want to mirror. You will also need a Samsung TV or a TV has a miracast functionality. Alternatively, you can also use an ordinary LED TV with the use of a Chromecast as long as it has an HDMI port. You should also make sure that both the S8 and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How To Screen Mirror To TV On Galaxy S8
- Swipe down from the top of the screen using two fingers.
- Search for the Smart View icon then tap on it.
- Tap on the device ( the name of the TV will appear on the phone screen) that you want your phone to connect to.
- When connected your mobile device screen will now be displayed on the TV.
Some scenarios where screen mirroring is a must
- When you want to watch YouTube videos.
- When you want to watch Netflix movies.
- When you want to entertain your visitors with your photos and videos.
- When making business presentations.
Take note though that there is a slight lag between the operation done on the phone and its display on the TV. This means that this is not an ideal solution if you want to play fast paced games on a larger screen.
Posts you might like