A new question sent to us via The Droid Guy Mailbag reads, “The problem is simply that I want to make a .mp3 file or a .wav file from my memory card to my SMS ringtone. My S3 only offers those basic factory whistles/beeps/chirps and stuff for them. Thank you for your help.”
Steps to Personalize Galaxy S3 SMS Notification Sound
If you want to personalize Galaxy S3 SMS notification sound because you are tired of hearing the generic ones that Samsung has in store to your device, you can easily do this by following the instructions below:
1. From the Home screen, tap the My Files icon.
2. Depending on where the song that you want as an SMS notification sound is stored, either select Device Storage or SD Memory Card. Basically, Device Storage refers to the internal memory of your device while the SD Memory Card leads to the data stored in your external storage device.
Since it was mentioned that the MP3 or WAV file is located in the external memory, choose SD Memory Card.
3. Open the directory where the song that you want to set as ringtone is located.
4. Inside the folder, look for the song that you want and press your finger on it until a set of options pop up.
5. Tap Copy (if you want to make a duplicate of the file as notification sound) or Move (if you want to transfer the file).
6. Go back to the previous section where you can choose between Device Storage or SD Memory Card.
7. Select Device Storage this time.
8. Open the Notifications folder.
9. Tap the Paste Here command located in the upper right corner of your screen.
10. Wait for the song to be copied to the Notification folder.
That’s it, you can now select a custom Galaxy S3 SMS notification sound from the Settings>Device>Sound>Notifications.
More Android Questions
For more questions about Android devices, email us at [email protected].