The #Samsung #Galaxy #S9 is a flagship device released last year which has become a popular model due to its numerous excellent features. This is an IP68 certified device that uses an Aluminum frame with Corning Gorilla Glass on both the front and back. It sports a 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display which is great to use for viewing various multimedia content while under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor combined with 4 GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9 asking for password at startup issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S9 Asking For Password At Startup
Problem: Hi I bought a new S9, set up the finger prints and that was about it before leaving it for a few weeks (loss in the family) this obviously meant the battery died. On charging it again and switching back on I was met with a Black screen and a message about putting in my password – and nothing else at all – I don’t remember setting any password up and tried those passwords that I probably would’ve used. I can’t do anything with my phone at all at this point and would really appreciate your help and advise! It may be worth noting that at no point have I put my SIM card in.
Solution: When your phone is restarted it will usually ask for a password instead of relying on the biometric information stored on the device. This is a security measure that prevents any unauthorized device on your phone. If you don’t remember setting up a password on the phone then you should try ding a factory reset from the recovery mode as this might just be caused by a software glitch.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If in case you have forgotten the password that you setup on the device then you can recover it with the following steps listed below.
Use Samsung Find My Mobile
This will work if you have the mobile data of the phone switched on and you have setup a Samsung account on the device.
- Visit the Samsung Find My Mobile Website on an internet enabled device.
- Sign In using your Samsung Account.
- Select Remote Control.
- From here you can now reset the password and setup a temporary the PIN password.
- Pick up your Samsung Galaxy S9 and input the temporary PIN password.
- After it unlocks, Go straight to Settings – Security and Change it to something you can remember.
Using Android Find My Device
This will work if you have the mobile data of the phone switched on and you have setup a Google account on the device.
- Visit the Android Find My Device Website on an internet enabled device.
- Sign In using your Google Account. (Make sure you use the one you were using on the phone)
- You should see your device as soon as you Log In.
- Select Lock.
- Follow the on-screen instructions till you get to where you are required to create a new temporary PIN password for your Device.
- Use the newly created PIN password to unlock your phone and change it in the Settings Menu – Security to a new one you will be able to remember.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.