The #Samsung #Galaxy #J6 is one of the latest models in the J series of devices that’s affordable and comes with several useful features. This phone has a 5.6 inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is a capable Exynos 7870 processor combined with 4GB of RAM allowing the device to run any app smoothly. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy J6 screen is black issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy J6 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy J6 Screen Is Black
Problem: The issue that i had started out as a normal gotta turn up the brightness to remove the weird glitching screen issue which was several days from now (the black glitching screen covered around 70% of the screen and would still react to touch) recently me messing with the brightness does not solve the issue, it stays black, still responds to touch but i can no longer see the covered black screen, and a week later it cover 90% of my screen and now today its glitching as if its about to take around 99% of the screen and i can not see anything anymore but after i open the phone with thumbprint it lets me enter and all i can see the the small notifications bar currently. and it still reacts to touch. I’musing the Samsung galaxy J6. i have researched many videos online and could not find help for it.
Solution: Before troubleshooting this problem it’s best to make sure that the phone is running on the latest software version first. If an update is available make sure to download and install it first.
What we are going to do right now is to check if some form of software glitch is causing this problem.
Start the J6 in Safe Mode
The first thing you need to do is to check if an app you installed in the phone is causing the problem by starting the device in Safe Mode. When the phone is started in this mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run making it easy to check if a third party app is the culprit.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.
- When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays.
If the display works in this mode then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Factory Reset The J6 In Recovery Mode
If the screen is still black even in Safe Mode then the best thing to do right now is to perform a factory reset in recovery mode. Take note that this will erase your phone data. Also, if the screen does not work in recovery mode then you won’t be able to do a factory reset.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the phone.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked as this could already be caused by a faulty display assembly. Replacing the display of the phone is the only way to fix the problem if this is the case.