The Persona 4 Golden no audio bug usually occurs when the game is not installed in the system or C: drive. In order to fix this you just need to move the game that’s installed in a different drive to your C: drive.
Persona 4 Golden is a japanese RPG that’s based on the Persona 4 game which was released for the PS2. This game was initially made available for the PS Vita in 2012 and just recently has been added to Steam. In this game, you control a high school student who has moved to the countryside from the city and investigate the series of murders that occur.
Solved: Persona 4 Golden no sound during game
One common issue that players of this game have been experiencing is the no sound at all outside of the cutscenes. You won’t hear any voices from the characters or any sound effects. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
What to do first:
Posts you might like
- Restart the computer.
- Make sure to use the correct audio output setting.
- Check for any game updates using the Steam client.
Method 1: Move the game to the C: drive
The best way to fix this problem so far is to move the game to your C: drive. This fix only applies if you installed the game to a different location.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Move game installation folder
- Open the Steam client.
You can do this by clicking its icon from the Start menu list of applications.
- Click the Library tab.
This is the second tab on top of the client.
- Search for the Persona 4 Golden game.
This can be found on the left pane.
- Right click the game then click Properties.
This will open the property window of the game.
- Select Local files tab.
This is the third tab on top of the window.
- Select Move Install folder.
This will allow you to move the game to a different location.
- Select the C: drive location then click Move folder.
This will move the game to your C drive.
Method 2: Update your audio driver to fix Persona 4 Golden audio issues
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by an outdated audio driver. Here’s how you can get the latest driver update.
- Right click the Start button.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow before Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right click the selected Audio output then click update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
Method 3: Run the audio troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a useful tool that allows you to fix any audio related problems on your computer. Try using this tool.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Click the Troubleshoot button on the left pane.
- Click the Additional troubleshooter link on the right pane.
- Click Playing Audio then Run the troubleshooter. Wait for the process to finish and perform any recommended fixes.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Persona 4 Golden no audio bug issue.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.