The #LG #V40ThinQ is one of the latest premium flagship phones available in the market that is popular among consumers. This phone rocks an Aluminum frame with Corning Gorilla Glass on both the front and back. It uses a 6.4 inch P-OLED display and uses the Snapdragon 845 processor with 6GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG V40 ThinQ charging blocked due to moisture detected error issue.
If you own an LG V40 ThinQ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix LG V40 ThinQ Moisture Detected In Chrging Port Error
Problem: New phone, under two weeks old. Kept indicating moisture detected when trying to charge. Would shut down. Brought it to Sprint and the replaced the phone. Brought it home and plugged it in to charge and same error, moisture detected. Phone shut off. When powered on again, it indicated fast charging, but an estimated charge time of 4 hours. Tried multiple cables and chargers. I also have the LG G7. No issues with it using same cables/chargers. This is the second V40, brand new out of the box and has not been exposed to any moisture. Second defective phone? Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.
Solution: Before performing the troubleshooting steps that are required for this particular problem it’s best to make sure that the phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it in your phone.
Posts you might like
Use the phone in a dry environment
Although this device has an IP68 rating making it waterproof up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes it is still not impervious to the effects of water on electronic devices. The first thing that you will have to do in this case is to make sure to use the phone in a dry environment. If you are currently in a very humid area then moisture could build up in the charging port of the phone causing this problem.
Make sure the charging port of the phone is dry
To eliminate any presence of moisture in the charging port you can leave the phone for at least two hours in a dry and cool area. Any liquid present in the charging port of the phone will naturally dry. You can also use a mini vacuum or a hair dryer to remove any presence of moisture in the charging port.
Check if the problem occurs in Safe Mode
There are instances when certain apps you download can cause this problem. The best way to verify if this is the case is to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- After your device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Try using another charging cord and wall charger
There are instances when the problem can be caused by a faulty charging cord or wall charger. To eliminate this possibility try using a known working charging cord and wall charger.
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert the phone back to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data before performing this step as it will be deleted in the process.
- Create a backup of your files.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap Restart & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If desired, tap the Erase SD card checkbox.
- Tap RESET PHONE.
- Tap Delete all.
- Tap RESET
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will have to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
However, if the issue gets resolved then make sure to follow the tips listed below to prevent any water related damage to your device in the future.
- Do not dip the phone in water deeper than 1 meter for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not expose the phone to water at high pressure.
- If the device or your hands are wet, dry them thoroughly before handling the device.
- Do not expose the device to salt water, ionized water, or soapy water.
- The touchscreen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water or in other liquids.
- The device is water resistant only when the SIM/Memory card tray is inserted into the device.
- The SIM card tray contains rubber packing to to help prevent dust, water or moisture from entering the product. Do not damage the rubber packing as this may allow dust, water, or moisture to enter your device and cause damage.
- If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust-resistant features of the device may be damaged.
- This device is not resistant to shock. If device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust resistant features may be damaged.