While the LG G6 Plus comes packed with really impressive hardware specs, it’s not free of problems and errors. In fact, we have received quite a lot of complaints suggesting the phone is actually prone to freezing and crashing. According to some owners, their devices freezes for a few seconds at random times regardless of what they’re doing. There are also those that complained about crashes and random reboots. These performance issues, while not so serious, are very annoying because they often occur when you’re doing something important. No one would want to use a phone that’s plagued with these issues.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your LG G6 Plus that freezes and crashes. I will share with you the solution that we’ve been using to address these issues. This isn’t the first time we encountered them so we already know a thing or two that could help you make your phone work perfectly again. If you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently having similar issues, then continue reading as this post may help you one way or another.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to fix your LG G6 Plus that keeps freezing and crashing
Most of the time, freezes and crashes are caused by some minor issues with apps and the firmware itself. In other words, you can fix it on your own without any help from anybody. Try to see if the procedures I presented in this post can help you deal with these problems.
First solution: Reboot your phone
Before doing anything, make sure you reboot your phone especially if these issues just started to manifest because they could be just because of some minor glitches in the firmware. So, hit that power key and restart your phone. If it doesn’t resolve the problems, try doing the forced reboot which is far more effective than the normal reboot:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t let it go.
- Now, press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume Down button.
- Keep both keys held for 10 seconds or more.
- When the logo appears, release both keys.
After this and the problems keep on happening, try doing the next procedure.
Second solution: Run phone in safe mode and uninstall suspected apps
In safe mode, all third-party apps are temporarily disabled. If one of them is causing the problem, then your phone should run smoothly while in it’s in that environment. Here’s how to boot your phone in safe mode:
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off.
- When ‘Restart in Safe mode’ displays, tap OK to restart in Safe mode.
- Upon restart, device displays ‘Safe mode’ at bottom of screen.
Assuming the problems don’t occur in this mode, the next thing you should is find out which app is causing problem and uninstall it.
- From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the drop-down and tap All apps.
- Tap the suspected app.
- Tap Uninstall > OK.
After which, reboot your phone normally to see if the problems are still happening.
Third solution: Reset All Settings
If the freezes and crashes still occur in safe mode or after uninstalling suspected apps, then you have to reset all settings of your device. Restoring your device to default settings helps when the device crashes and resets itself or when apps freeze/hang or reset the device.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Backup and reset.
- Tap Reset settings.
- Tap Reset settings, to confirm.
- If applicable, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
- Tap OK.
Performing these steps resets all system settings (e.g., ringtones, sound settings, display settings, etc.) back to their default values. Personal data such as downloaded apps and media (pictures, videos, music) aren’t affected. If the problems still occur after this, then move on to the next procedure.
Fourth solution: Backup your files and reset your phone
If the freezes and crashes aren’t due to physical and liquid damage, then a reset will fix it. However, before you actually reset your phone, make sure to backup all your files and data as they will be deleted during the process.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When Factory data reset appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm.
- When Erase all user data and restore default settings appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm.
- Wait for the device to reset.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or another. If you have other issues with your phone you want to share with us, feel free to contact us anytime or leave a comment below.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may like to check out:
- How to fix your LG G6 with screen flickering issue [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your LG G6 that won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your LG G5 that can’t send and receive text messages [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G5 “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped”error explained [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G5 users can’t hear during calls even with volume turned all the way up [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your LG G5 that won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an LG G5 that’s not charging & other charging related issues [Troubleshooting Guide]