The JBL Flip 5 will not turn on problem can be caused by various factors. The battery might be drained, there might be a glitch in the software, or this might be caused by a faulty hardware. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Flip 5 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that has a great sound quality and is being sold at US$100. It has a great build quality having a cylindrical shape making it easy to carry around. Some of its features include an IPX7 waterproof design, 12 hour playback time on a single full charge, and PartyBoost which allows it to be linked to other compatible speakers just to name a few.
Technical specifications of JBL Flip 5:
- Bluetooth version: 4.2
- Support: A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.6
- Transducer: 44mm x 80mm
- Rated power: 20W RMS
- Frequency response: 65Hz–20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dB
- Battery type: Lithium-ion Polymer
- 17.28Wh (Equivalent to 3.6V 4800mAh)
- Battery charge time: 2.5 hours (5V/3A)
- Music playtime: up to 12 hours (varies
- by volume level and audio content)
- Bluetooth transmitter power: 0-11dBm
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402 – 2.480GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimension (W x D x H): 181 x 69 x 74mm
- Weight: 540g
What to do when your JBL Flip 5 won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker is when it fails to power on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on the Flip 5
The first troubleshooting step you need to do is a factory reset or hard reset. This is a procedure that will erase data on the speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to perform whenever you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when there are power problems.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this for around 5 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix will not turn on issue
The speaker will not turn on if its battery is drained. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A and not greater than 3.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 2.5 hours then check if you can turn it on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
If the battery of the speaker is damaged then this device will not turn on. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Despite this Bluetooth speaker being waterproof there’s still a possibility for water to get into it. If the internal circuit board gets wet then it will get damaged. You will then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on this Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.