If you are an android user it’s not far that you can experience different types of software-related issues on your phone. In fact, for several months a lot of Samsung Galaxy S9 users reported about various of Play Store error messages that occur in their device and one of it is the Play Store error 919.
Usually, this error occur if phone’s memory is full and that may be the reason the downloading of an app halted for no reason. But of course, this is not just the only reason that might have triggered the issue. There are also others like a glitch in the system and outdated files and data.
So, in this post, I’ll tackle this issue to help Galaxy S9 users in need of assistance on the matter. There will be a step by step guide that you need to perform so that you can figure it out what the issue is and fix it. Don’t you worry, these procedures are safe to perform and won’t mess up your device.
For those who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our Android issues questionnaire.
Troubleshooting Galaxy S9 with Play Store error 919
The Google Play Store error 919 is not really a serious problem but it’s very annoying. The error may pop up while you’re download an app or during the installation. When it shows up, the installation will be halted and you would need to download the app again only to be greeted with the same error. To try and fix this problem, here’s what you need to do:
First Solution: Perform Forced Reset
Doing this procedure will rule out the possibility that the cause of the problem is just a glitch in the system or a minor firmware issue. This will refresh the memory of the phone and closes all apps running in the background. It has the same effect with the battery pull procedure we do to devices that have removable batteries. Here’s how it’s done on your Galaxy S9…
- Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy S9 logo shows on the screen.
Once the phone has successfully rebooted, open Google Play Store and then try to download an app to see if the error 919 still shows up. If it does, then move on to the next procedure.
Second Solution: Reset Play Store App
Resetting Play Store means to delete its cache and data. This will bring back the Play Store app to its factory settings and delete all cache and data files and new ones will be created. If this is indeed due to an app issue involving the Play Store, then this procedure will fix it. Here’s how it’s done…
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap on More settings at the upper right (three-dot icon).
- Select Show system apps.
- Find and tap Google Play Store.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear Data button.
- Restart your phone and check for the problem.
Try downloading an app and see if the error 919 still pops up.
Third Solution: Remove Google Account and Add it back Again
After the first two procedures and the error 919 still keeps on popping up, then the problem could be with the account. With that said, try removing your Google account from your phone by following these steps.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Accounts and backup.
- Tap Accounts.
- Select the appropriate Gmail address. If there are multiple accounts, make sure to pick the one you want to remove from the device.
- Tap Remove account.
- To confirm, review the notification then tap Remove account.
Reboot your phone and once the device becomes active, try to add back your Google account and download any app from Play Store app and see if the error 919 would still show up.
Fourth Solution: Reset your Network Settings
For the sake of being thorough in our troubleshooting, it’s best to reset the network settings of your phone to refresh the connection. This error may also show up when the connection is interrupted during the download of installation process. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS.
- If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS. Once complete, a confirmation window will appear.
After you do so, launch your Play Store and try to download an app and see if error message will occur. If the problem still happening, jump over to the next method.
Fifth Solution: Perform Factory Reset
Performing this method should be the last resort because it will delete all files and data while bringing your phone back to its factory settings. So, before you do the reset, be sure to transfer all your files and data to your SD card or computer. After you’ve done creating a backup try to remove your Google and Samsung accounts so that you won’t be locked out after the reset.
Once everything is set, follow these steps to reset your phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Galaxy S9 logo shows, release all keys.
- Once the phone shows a black screen with blue and yellow texts, it has reached the recovery mode. You may proceed with the reset.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Samsung Galaxy S9 that keeps showing the Play Store error 919. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.