Notifications that are sent from your smartphone to your Garmin Vivosmart 4 are transmitted via Bluetooth connection. It is imperative that both devices are properly synced and connected because if not, then syncing issues will occur.
Some owners have reported that their tracker can no longer receive notifications from the smartphone. It might be just an issue with the phone or a connection problem. Continue reading as I will guide you in troubleshooting your Vivosmart 4 that’s not showing notifications anymore.
But before we move on, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop in on our Garmin Vivosmart 4 Troubleshooting page for we have already solved some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you with your problem. Or, if you need further assistance, fill up our questionnaire as we may be able to help you with your concern.
Here are the things you should do if your Vivosmart 4 no longer gets notifications from your phone…
- Make sure your smartphone is not set in silent mode or Do Not Disturb (DND).
- Reboot your smartphone and your Vivosmart 4.
- Refresh connection between the devices.
- Force close Garmin Connect app.
- Factory Reset Vivosmart 4.
First of all, if your phone is set in silent mode or DND, then that’s apparently the reason why it’s not sending notifications to your tracker. Set the phone properly to play notification sounds and it should fix the problem. However, if it’s not in silent or DND mode, then it might be just a temporary issue with either of the devices.
Reboot your smartphone first and then connect your Vivosmart 4 to a computer to restart it. After which, allow a minute or two for the devices to reconnect and try to see if notifications work this time. If still not, the try deleting the current connection by forgetting your tracker from your phone’s Bluetooth settings. After that, allow your phone to scan and reconnect to your Vivosmart 4. If this doesn’t fix the problem, then move on to the next solution.
On your smartphone, force close Garmin Connect to refresh it. Then open it again and try to see if the notifications work this time. Many have reported to have fixed their problems using this method. But if it doesn’t fix the problem, then follow these steps to reset Vivosmart 4:
- Delete the Garmin Connect app from your phone.
- “Forget” the device in your phone’s Bluetooth settings and disable Bluetooth on your phone, then reboot your phone.
- Clamp the VivoSmart into its charger, and plug it into your computer.
- Erase all files and directories on the VivoSmart when it comes up as a USB drive on your computer.
- Eject the VivoSmart USB device from your computer.
- Disconnect the VivoSmart from the charger
- Re-install Garmin Connect on your phone.
- Re-enable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Put your Vivosmart into “pairing mode” — documented in your manual — and re-pair your VivoSmart as below:
- Open Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone.
- Touch the Home Menu button
- Touch Devices
- Touch the “+” in the upper-right corner
- Touch Health and Fitness
- Touch vivosmart
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!
- How to fix Garmin Vivosmart 4 that’s not syncing properly
- What to do with your Garmin Vivosmart 4 that won’t turn on
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.