Sometimes, an Android device may encounter problems with a SIM card. If your SIM card is not detected the Galaxy A90, there must be a number of possible causes for it. You can try to fix the problem by following this troubleshooting guide.
How to fix Galaxy A90 SIM card not detected | SIM card not working
Are you having a problem with your Galaxy A90 not detecting the SIM card? In this post, we bring you the solutions to try if the SIM card is not being detected by your Galaxy A90.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #1: Do soft reset
The first troubleshooting step that you want to do in this case is to ensure that you restart the device. Minor issues sometimes go away if a device is restarted, just like a computer. If you haven’t tried it yet, we suggest that you simulate the effects of a “battery pull” in order to clear the RAM or memory as well. To do that, simply press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for about 10 seconds.
For some Galaxy A90, there may be a slightly different way to arrive at the same method. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons for approximately 12 seconds or until the device power cycles. Note: Allow several seconds for the Maintenance Boot Mode screen to appear.
- From the Maintenance Boot Mode screen, select Normal Boot. Note: Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the lower left button (below the volume buttons) to select. Allow up to 90 seconds for the reset to complete.
- If Maintenance Boot Mode screen won’t show, then your device does not have it. Simply wait for the device to power down completely.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #2: Take out SIM
If your Galaxy A90 has SIM card not detected error, the next good thing to do is to physically disconnect it from the phone. To remove the SIM:
- Turn off your Galaxy S10. This is important. Inserting a SIM while the device is on may result to corrupted data.
- With your phone’s screen facing you, remove the card tray. You can use the insertion/removal tool (or a paperclip) to unlock the tray by inserting it into the provided slot. This small hole should be visible on the top part of your device.
- Remove the SIM card from the tray. You can lift the card up from the bottom. To assist, use the opening on the opposite side of the tray to dislodge (using a fingernail or similar tool).
- Reinsert the card tray.
- Press in on the tray to lock it into place.
After removing the SIM card, wait for a few moments before inserting it back. Again, you want to make sure that the phone is off.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #3: Get a new SIM card
Another good troubleshooting step in this situation is to check whether the card itself is defective. Try to insert the SIM card with the problem to another compatible device and see if it can be detected. If not, just replace it to fix the problem.
Alternatively, you can insert a compatible SIM card to your Galaxy A90 and see if it detects it. If it does read the second SIM but not the first one, replace it. If your A90 won’t detect the second SIM either, there must be a problem with your phone. Continue with the troubleshooting steps below to fix it.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #4: Clear cache partition
Android uses a system cache to open apps quickly. This cache may become corrupted after an update so if your Galaxy A90 has SIM card not detected error after installing a system update, you should wipe the cache partition. This will clear the current system cache. Don’t worry, after some time, the device will rebuild the system cache. This troubleshooting step won’t delete personal data so you can do it safely. Here’s how:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power button.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #5: Reset network settings
If the problem still remains at this time, make sure to reset all network settings. This is one of the important troubleshooting steps for any network trouble in a Galaxy device. Below are the steps that you must do:
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
- Tap Reset settings.
- If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
- Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #6: Boot to safe mode
Sometimes, a bad app may cause problems with Android or with other apps. To check if a bad third party is behind the trouble, boot the phone to safe mode and check for the problem. If issue is absent on safe mode but returns on normal mode, you can bet a bad app is to blame.
These are the steps to run your Galaxy A90 to safe mode:
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
- When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
- Once on safe mode, try to charge the phone for at least 30 minutes and see what happens.
Safe Mode is not a solution by itself. It’s more of a tool to help you confirm if a bad app is causing a problem on an Android. So, if the phone detects your SIM card fine on safe mode only, you can assume that there’s an installed third party app causing it. If the error started after installing an app, make sure to delete the said app to fix it. If you can’t remember the app or if you have no idea what it might be, you can use elimination method to identify it. This is how it’s done:
- Boot to safe mode.
- Check for the problem.
- Once you’ve confirmed that a third party app is to blame, you can start uninstalling apps individually. We suggest that you begin with the most recent ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the phone to normal mode and check for the problem.
- If your Galaxy A90 is still problematic, repeat steps 1-4.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #7: Reset app preferences
In case there’s a default app that’s been disabled by mistake causing the bug, make sure to reset app preferences.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap on More settings at the upper right (three-dot icon).
- Select Reset app preferences.
- Restart your Galaxy A90 and check for the problem.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #8: Factory reset
Wiping the device is the last resort. Make sure to do it if nothing has changed at this point. Learn how to factory reset your device with these methods:
Method 1: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S10 via Settings Menu
- Create a backup of your personal data and remove your Google account.
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll to and tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Factory data reset from the given options.
- Read the information then tap Reset to continue.
- Tap Delete All to confirm action.
Method 2: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S10 using hardware buttons
- If possible, create a backup of your personal data ahead of time. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
- Also, you want to make sure that you remove your Google account. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button at the same time.
- While still holding the Volume Up and Bixby keys, press and hold the Power button.
- The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm factory reset.
- Set the phone up but don’t install any app.
- Use the phone normally and see if it overheats.
A90 SIM card not detected solution #9: Contact Samsung
In most cases, SIM card issues are fixed by any of the solutions above. However, if your Galaxy A90 SIM card not detected error persists at this stage, even after a factory reset, there may be a problem with the phone itself. Make sure to let Samsung take a look at the device. Visit your local Samsung store or Service Center for that.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.