Are you experiencing the frustrating Fitbit Versa 3 won’t turn on issue? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many Fitbit users have encountered this problem, and we’re here to help. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the possible causes behind this issue and provide you with troubleshooting steps to get your Fitbit Versa 3 up and running again. Additionally, we will discuss preventive measures to avoid encountering this problem in the future, ensuring a seamless experience with your Fitbit device.
Fixing the Issue: Fitbit Versa 3 Won’t Start
If you find yourself in a situation where your Fitbit Versa 3 refuses to turn on, it can be quite frustrating. The first thing to check is whether your device has enough battery power. If the battery is not the issue, there might be other underlying causes preventing your Fitbit Versa 3 from powering on.
Why Won’t My Fitbit Versa 3 Turn On?
Several factors can contribute to your Fitbit Versa 3 not turning on. Here are some potential causes to consider:
- Battery Depletion: One of the most common reasons for the Fitbit Versa 3 not turning on is a depleted battery. If your watch has run out of juice, it won’t respond to your attempts to power it on. This is especially likely if you haven’t charged your device recently.
- Charging Cable or Port Issues: Another culprit could be a malfunctioning charging cable or the charging port on your Fitbit Versa 3. If the watch hasn’t been charging correctly or the connection is loose, it might not have enough power to turn on.
- Software Glitch: Like any electronic device, Fitbit Versa 3 can experience software glitches. These glitches can prevent the device from powering on properly. Updates or changes to settings may sometimes cause this issue.
- Physical Damage: Accidental drops or water exposure can lead to physical damage, which might interfere with the watch’s functionality. A damaged internal component could be the reason behind the unresponsiveness.
Steps to Get Your Fitbit Versa 3 Up and Running Again
Aside from Fitbit Charge 3 and Fitbit ionic , Fitbit Versa is also among the best and reliable fitness trackers available in the market today. These trackers enable you to monitor your heart rate and provide other fitness guidance. If your Fitbit won’t turn on (Fitbit Versa), try the solutions we have mapped out below:
Fitbit Versa won’t turn on fix #1: Charge your Versa
If your Fitbit Versa won’t turn on all of a sudden, it’s possible that its battery may have simply lost power. On paper, your Fitbit Versa’s Lithium-polymer Battery can run up to 4 days without charging but this is not always the case. As it ages, the battery may hold less and less charge, cutting total usage time. If you’re a heavy user of your gadget, you may have simply forget to charge it. If that’s not the case, it’s also possible that the battery has simply run out of juice. Lithium-polymer Batteries don’t lose 100% power. If that does occur, the battery needs to be replaced. By design, a Lithium-based battery does not really lose all power. A tiny amount of power remains in order to continuously power up the battery’s circuit until the next charge. A totally empty battery won’t receive any charge at all.
So, it’s highly possible that you just need to charge the device first to fix the problem. Make sure that you allow your Fitbit charge for at least 30 minutes. This should give the battery enough time to top up. During this time, be sure not to interrupt the Fitbit device by attempting to turn it on.
For newbies, charging your Fitbit Versa is easy. Here’s how:
- Plug the charging cradle into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
- The charging cradle uses a spring clip to hold Versa in place while charging.
- Pinch the spring clip and place Versa in the charging cradle. The pins on the charging cradle must align with the gold contacts on the back of the watch.
- The connection is secure when the percent charged appears on screen.
- While the watch charges, tap the screen to check the battery level.
Fitbit Versa won’t turn on fix #2: Verify charger is working
In some cases, a Fitbit Versa may not turn on at all if it can’t charge because the charger is damaged. If there’s visible damage to the cable or to the adapter or pins, you should get a new charging accessory. Just like the main device itself, a charging cable or its adapter at the end can break. If you have another Versa, try to see if the current charger is working or not by charging it. If the second Versa won’t charge as well, it’s time that you replace the charger with a new one.
Fitbit Versa won’t turn on fix #3: Restart device
Your Fitbit Versa is a miniscule computer and so, just like any computer, it can develop bugs for many reasons. Some bugs may prevent your Versa from booting up or turning back on even if charged. Thus, restarting your Fitbit may help fix the problem. Make sure to restart it by following these steps:
- Press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
- Let go of the buttons
- If your Fitbit won’t turn on , turn it off and turn it back on.
Fitbit Versa won’t turn on fix #4: Return software to defaults
If nothing changes at this point and your Fitbit Versa still won’t turn on, your next move is to factory reset the device. Doing so will wipe all data. Unfortunately, there’s no way to back them up at this time as you need the device to be working normally for that. This means that any stored data that were not synced to your Fitbit account will be lost.
Below are the steps to factory reset your Fitbit Versa using button combinations as the Fitbit app and account icon won’t be accessible:
- On the watch, hold all three buttons (top, left and bottom buttons) for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left button and top right button until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don’t follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.
Fitbit Versa won’t turn on fix #5: Contact Fitbit support
If your Fitbit Versa still fails to power on after a factory reset attempt, you can assume that there might be a hardware issue or a deeper reason for it. In this situation, you’ll need to get help from Fitbit so they can examine it. As an end user, there’s only so much that you can do. Perhaps the battery has failed and needs replacement. Or there may be a board error or damage that is not visible. Whatever it is, you have to allow a professional check the gadget. See your contact options for Fitbit in this link: Fitbit Support.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages. Inc All Rights Reserved.