If you are experiencing the Fall Guys crashing during startup then this could be caused by a corrupted or missing game file. It can also be caused by outdated graphics drivers. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps on your computer.
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is the latest battle royale game that’s popular today due to its fast paced gameplay involving cute jelly bean characters. Each game involves 60 players with the aim of surviving the obstacle courses. The last one standing on the last obstacle course wins.
Solved: Fall Guys crashes on startup in PC
One of the problems that you might encounter when playing this game is when it crashes when you try to play it. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
What to do first:
- Restart the computer.
- Make sure your computer meets the hardware requirements to play the game.
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64bit only
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- FREE DISK SPACE: 2 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2GB
Method 1: Verify the integrity of the game files
One of the common causes of this problem is a missing or corrupted game file. Here’s what you need to do if this is the case.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Verify game integrity
- Open the Steam launcher.
You can do this by clicking on it from the Start menu list of applications.
- Click the Library tab.
This is the second tab that can be found on top.
- Search for Fall Guys.
This can be found on the left pane.
- Right click the game then click Properties.
This will open the properties window of the game.
- Click the Local Files tab.
This is the third tab on top of the properties window.
- Click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
This will check and fix for any files that are missing or corrupted.
Method 2: Update your graphics card driver to fix Fall Guys crashing
If your computer is still using old graphics card drivers then this might be what’s causing the problem . If you have an NVIDIA graphics card then here’s what you need to do.
- Right click on the NVIDIA settings icon.
- Click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Click Check for updates.
If you don’t see the GeForce Experience then you should download it first from here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/.
You can also update your graphics card driver from the device manager.
- Right click the Start button.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow before Display Adapters.
- Right click the display adapter then click Update driver.
- Click search automatically for drivers.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Fall Guys crashing during startup problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.