There are several factors that can not turning on problem with your Bose QuietComfort earbuds ranging from mode settings of the earbuds either on standby or sleep mode, issues with its charging case, an outdated software of Bose QuietComfort earbuds, issues with USB charger and cable to a bug in the software. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we will show you the recommended solutions on how to fix not turning on problem with Bose QuietComfort wireless earbuds.
Fix Bose QuietComfort Earbuds does not Turn On
Before we proceed with the solutions, let us first give you a specification details of Bose QuietComfort earbuds for reference:
- Dimensions: Earbuds (1.54″ H x 1.02″ W x 1.06″ D); Charging case ( 1.25″ H x 3.5″ W x 2″ D)
- Material: Earbuds (Plastic, polymer coating, gold plating); Ear tips (Silicone); Case (Hard Plastic)
- Weight: 0.3 oz
- USB cable length: 12 inches
- Battery type: Earbuds (Lithium-ion, Metal-enclosed coin cell) ; charging case (Lithium-ion (pouch cell)
- Battery life: 6 hours
- Battery charge time: Earbuds (2 hours, Fully charge); Charging case (3 hours, fully charge)
- Quick-battery charge time: 15 minutes (for 2 hours)
- Charging Method: USB-C/ Qi certified wireless charging pad
- Microphones: 4
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet (9 meters), version 5.1
- Connect app: Yes
- Sweat and Weather Resistant: Yes (IPX-4)
If Bose QuietComfort wireless earbuds is appearing to be receiving power during charging but does not turn ON, follow the solutions below to fix it:
Solution 1: Check if earbuds LEDs are on
Ideally, when the charging case and the earbuds are charged fully, it usually enter into a sleep mode. Therefore, to disable sleep mode to wake up and power on earbuds, you may want to wait for the LED light to glow before removing Bose earbuds from the charging case.
Posts you might like
Also, when charging case has been fully drained, it usually takes about 30 minutes for the LED lights to turn on when you charge the case.
Solution 2: Check if earbuds not on standby mode
Standby mode is a feature of Bose earbuds wherein it conserves the products battery when it is not in use and not on inside the charging case. Standby mode automatically enables when not in use for about 20 minutes. Waking Bose earbuds is pretty simple, you just need to insert the earbuds on the right earbud then on the left earbud or use Bose connect app so wake it up, an application that is free to download on your iOS and Android devices.
Solution 3: Try a different USB cable and Charger
Bose earbuds will not charge if you are using a faulty USB cable and charger. If it will not charge, it highly possible why not turning ON problem occurs. To check whether the USB cable is not working, try connecting another USB cable to charge charging case of the earbuds to confirm whether or not the USB cable is working or not.
Charging time varies with the kind of charger being used to charge the case. This means that, you have to check the current rating of the charger. It can be seen as a small text on the charger shown as A (Amp or mAmp (milliamp). A current rating of 1 amp or 1000 milliamp or higher charges faster as compared to a lower current rating of below 1 amp or 1000 milliamp.
Solution 4: Check for and install available updates
Bose Earbuds with an outdated versions can cause minor issues, and in here it can be not turning on because of it. Minor issues can be fix by updating to the latest version of Bose QuietComfort earbuds. Make sure to check for and install any available updates for the earbuds. Updating to the latest version ensures that QuietComfort earbuds has the latest features and enhancements.
Two options to check for and install updates:
- via Bose Music app. An application that is free to download on iOS (App store) and Android Devices (Google Play)
- via Bose Updater found on Bose website. You may need to install application on your computer, connect Bose QuietComfort earbuds to the computer using a USB cable and follow the on-screen instructions.
After checking for and installing new updates, try turning Bose QuietComfort earbuds ON to check if the issue still occurs.
Solution 5: Reset Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
If none of the solutions mentioned above did not help fix not turning on issue with Bose QuietComfort earbuds, you may need to reset the product. This action refreshes the earbuds system and brings it back to its factory state. Saved settings will be deleted and cleared such as earbuds memory of previously connected Bluetooth devices.
To do this:
- Connect charging case to power outlet
- Place QuietComfort earbuds to charging case, making sure charging pins are seated firmly.
- Close charging case, wait for about 5 seconds then open charging case.
- While earbuds still on charging case, press and hold Bluetooth button for 30 seconds then release the buttons. LED light on the earbuds will transition from blinking, to solid white and then turns to Blue.
Once resetting of Bose QuietComfort earbuds is done, try turning Bose QuietComfort earbuds ON to check if the issue still occurs.
Solution 6: Bring Bose product in for service
Lastly, if Bose QuietComfort earbuds still experiencing not turning on issue you may need to bring it in for service. Head over to your local directory and look for the nearest authorized Bose service center. A Bose authorized technician will diagnose the product and fix it if possible.
After following the solutions mentioned above, you will successfully fix not turning on issue with Bose QuietComfort earbuds.
For more troubleshooting videos, feel free to visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel
Quick Links search: