There are several factors that can cause Bose QuietComfort earbuds will not charge issue such as faulty charger and a faulty USB cable, earbuds not correctly placed on charging pins, exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures to a bug in the software. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we will tackle the recommended solutions that you can try to fix not charging issue with QuietComfort earbuds by Bose
What to do if QuietComfort earbuds from Bose will not charge
Bose QuietComfort earbuds specification details:
- Dimensions: Earbuds (1.54″ H x 1.02″ W x 1.06″ D); Charging case ( 1.25″ H x 3.5″ W x 2″ D)
- Weight: 0.3 oz
- USB cable length: 12 inches
- Material: Earbuds (Plastic, polymer coating, gold plating); Ear tips (Silicone); Case (Hard Plastic)
- Battery type: Earbuds (Lithium-ion, Metal-enclosed coin cell) ; charging case (Lithium-ion (pouch cell)
- Battery life: 6 hours
- Battery charge time: Earbuds (2 hours, Fully charge); Charging case (3 hours, fully charge)
- Quick-battery charge time: 15 minutes (for 2 hours)
- Charging Method: USB-C/ Qi certified wireless charging pad
- Microphones: 4
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet (9 meters), version 5.1
- Bose Connect app: Yes
If Bose earbuds is plugged in for charging but the battery level is not indicating that it is charging and or the battery level did not increase, follow the solutions below to fix it:
Solution 1: Check if earbuds are correctly placed on charging pins on the case
To do this:
- If you place Bose earbuds inside the charging case, make sure that the it will be correctly seated on the charging pins.
This means that earbuds should come in contact with the charging pins on the charging pins, otherwise earbuds will remain powered ON and will not charge thereby draining the earbuds battery.
To confirm of earbuds are seated firmly on the charging pins, earbuds will display a flash and or will light up.
Solution 2: Close earbuds case when charging
It is possible that Bose earbuds will not charge because the case is still open. Once you place earbuds to the charging case, make sure to close the case. Leaving the case open will remain the earbuds powered ON. Always close the case to allow the earbuds to charge.
Solution 3: Bose QuietComfort earbuds should be at room temperature
If Bose earbuds is exposed to extreme heat or cold or any changes in the temperature, make sure to have the earbuds temperature to be at room temperature. Attempting to charge the earbuds when still too hot or too cold will not charge the product.
Once Bose earbuds temperature lowers down to room temp, try to charge the earbuds again to the case and check if not charging issue still occurs.
Solution 4: Try a different USB cable and Charger
Bose QuietComfort earbuds does not charge if you are using a faulty USB cable and charger. To confirm is USB cable is faulty, try using another USB cable to charge that case of QuietComfort earbuds and see if whether or not cable is faulty or not.
Also, charging time varies with the kind of charger being used to charge the case. Charging time is faster when you use a higher current rating of 1 amp or 1000 milliamp as compared to a lower current rating of less than 1 amp or 1000 milliamp. On the charger, you will see a small text that indicated the current rating of the charger you are using.
Solution 5: Reset Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
If none of the solutions mentioned above did not help fix not charging issue with QuietComfort earbuds, you may need to reset the product. Resetting refreshes the earbuds and brings it back to its factory state. Saved settings will be deleted and will also clear the earbuds memory of previously connected Bluetooth devices after reset is done
To do this:
- Connect charging case to power source
- Place QuietComfort earbuds to charging case, making sure it meets with the charging pins firmly.
- Close charging case, wait for about 5 seconds then open charging case.
- While earbuds still on charging case, press and hold Bluetooth button for 30 seconds then release the buttons. LED light on the earbuds will transition from blinking, to solid white and then turns to Blue.
Manually remove the earbuds on the Bluetooth device it was previously connected to by either choosing the options Forget or Remove. This will remove the earbuds from the memory list on the device.
Once resetting of Bose QuietComfort earbuds is done, reconnect with the Bluetooth device and then try placing the earbuds again to the charging case and check if not charging issue still occurs.
After following the solutions mentioned above, you will successfully fix not charging issue with Bose QuietComfort earbuds.
Feel free to visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos
Quick Links search: