Bombarded with email notifications about recommendations, given or received endorsements, messages, connections, and invites from your LinkedIn account? All you need to do is to deactivate LinkedIn to get rid of all of these stuff. Note that this action will permanently delete your account. Thus, access to all of your LinkedIn information will be removed and your profile will be deleted from the platform.
In this tutorial guide, we will teach you how to deactivate LinkedIn. You can do this both on the browser and the app itself. But before you do, here are the things that will happen after closing your LinkedIn account:
- Access to your connections and information added to your LinkedIn account will vanish.
- Profile will no longer be visible on the LinkedIn platform.
- Recommendations and endorsements received on your account will also be deleted.
- You have 14 days to reopen your account before it will be permanently deleted from the platform.
If you want to proceed in deleting your LinkedIn account, here’s how you deactivate your profile from the browser.
How To Deactivate LinkedIn
- Login to your LinkedIn account then click the Me icon located at the top of your LinkedIn main page.
- Click the arrow down button and select Settings & Privacy.
- Click Account preferences.
- Go to Account Management.
- Click the Close account option.
- Select the reason for deleting the account and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Close account button to confirm.
After deleting your LinkedIn account, search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing may still show your LinkedIn information but eventually, your profile will become unavailable. You also have the option to reopen your account as long as it has not been over 14 days from the time it has been deleted. However, you will no longer be able to retrieve pending invitations, recommendations and endorsement, the companies and influencers you have followed, and the group membership.
Posts you might like
If you change your mind and decide not to delete your account, you can simply reduce email and notifications received by customising the privacy settings of your account. Head to Settings & Privacy > Communications and select the options to reduce LinkedIn announcements, notifications, and emails.
If you will make necessary changes from the app, go to Settings located at the top right corner of your profile screen.
And that is all about deactivating your LinkedIn account. I hope that we are able to help you one way or another.
Also Read: How To Update Software On Poco M3 Pro
If you are looking for video tutorials and troubleshooting tips for smartphones, please visit our YouTube channel and subscribe. Thank you for reading!