Android 8.0 Oreo is one of the most secure operating systems available on a mobile phone. The #Samsung #Galaxy #S9 is one of the latest models that runs this Android version straight out of the box making it a very secure device. This phone which was released just this year is popular among consumers due to its outstanding features. It has a powerful processor ( Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810) combined with 4GB of RAM allowing for the phone to run multiple apps with ease.
Because this is a powerful phone that can easily be carried around it has become a storage unit for various personal data. You can access your emails, social media sites , and text messages with this phone. If you have banking apps installed in the phone then you can do online banking with the device. Phone owners will not have to worry about having their data leaks since the phone can be secured by a screen lock.
Setting up the screen lock on the S9 is easy. By following the steps listed below you can then secure the phone from unauthorized access.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Touch Lock screen and security > Screen lock type.
- Select an option and then follow the on-screen prompts to set a screen lock.
You can select the following lock screen options
- Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it.
- Pattern: Create a pattern that you draw on the screen to unlock.
- PIN: Select a PIN to unlock the screen.
- Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen.
- None: No screen lock.
- Intelligent Scan: Use face and iris recognition together for better accuracy and security.
- Face: Use facial recognition to unlock.
- Fingerprints: Use fingerprint recognition to unlock the screen.
- Iris: Use iris recognition to unlock the screen.
What if you have setup the screen lock on Galaxy S9 and have forgotten it? This is applicable if you used a pattern, PIN, or password as your screen lock. Just enter the incorrect pattern, PIN, or password for a set amount of times ( usually 20 times). You will then be asked to enter the Google credentials connected with the phone to unlock the device. Just enter the correct email and password combination then you will be able to access your phone.
If you have setup a Samsung account on the phone then you can also use the Find My Phone feature to unlock the phone.
- Go to the https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ website
- Log in using the Samsung account you created when you first got your hands on your smartphone.
- Once on the dashboard, hit the button entitled Unlock my Device.
- Make sure that the phone is turned on and is connected to the Internet either via Wi-Fi or through an active data connection.
- Click OK to the pop-up that appears on the website.