Samsung Galaxy Earbuds (Galaxy buds Live, Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds 2, Galaxy Buds + and Galaxy Buds 2 pro) is now gaining its popularity in the market. Considered to be one of the most reliable wireless earbuds from its closest rival the Apple airpods. Despite the wearable being a stable device, there have been reports from Galaxy Buds 2 pro earbuds battery is draining too fast. If you are experiencing this issues, this article might have a fix for you. Check it out below.
|SAMSUNG||SAMSUNG Galaxy Buds 2 Pro||Check Price on Amazon|
Fix Galaxy Buds 2 Pro Battery Draining Too Fast
Battery health varies with the different model of earbuds that you have. With a Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, you can use it for up to 8 hours of playtime in a single charge. Although battery life can be extended of up to 30 hours depending on the usage and when the earbuds are fully charged charging case.
Solution 1: Reduce battery consumption
If you want to reduce battery consumption and conserve its energy, here are a few tips that you can do:
- If earbuds are not in use, leave them inside its charging case ensuring that the charging case lid is closed.
- Notifications can be adjusted from the Galaxy wearable app using a samsung phone or from the Galaxy Buds app when using an iOS device. But in this case, Galaxy Buds 2 pro is not compatible with the Galaxy Buds app. Therefore when using an iPhone, connect earbuds to iPhone via Bluetooth instead.
Solution 2: Charge Earbuds and Charging case
Remember, when you use your earbuds too often it needs a recharge. Samsung earbuds has its own charging case. This means that whenever you place earbuds inside its charging case, it will automatically charge. Therefore make sure charging case is sufficiently charged as well. The charging case do have an LED indicator and a green light shows when it is connected to a power source (either for wireless charging or charging via outlet). The green indicates that the charging case is fully charged.
To charge earbuds to its charging case:
- Open the lid of the charging case.
- Place earbuds inside the charging case.
- Close charging case. Both earbuds charges at the same time while inside the case. Though, it is also possible to charge only one earbud but remember that battery life of each earbud differs when they are separately charged.
- Using the supplied charging cable, connect it to the charging case on its USB charging port located at the back.
- Plug the other end of the charging cable to a wall outlet or power source. When charging a fully drained battery of an earbuds, it would usually take 20 to 30 minutes before you turn it on
Charging status of the earbuds depends on the device:
For Android devices
On the Galaxy wearable app, the charging status is displayed at the top of the app’s home button.
For iOS or iPhone
When the earbuds are connected to your iPhone, the charging status can be checked on the buds app (for iPhone 7 models or later; iOS 10 and higher versions). Take note that earbuds not compatible with the Buds app are as follows: Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds2, and Galaxy Buds2 Pro.
You also need to be aware of the different indicator lights:
Knowing the meaning of the indicator lights would determine if whether or not there is an issue with the galaxy wearables charging process and perhaps it may have caused draining battery faster on your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro device.
Earbuds light Indicator:
- Red: earbuds is charging
- Green: Earbuds fully charged.
- Flashing red: Charging disabled. There may be an error with the charging process
Earbuds Charging case light indicator:
- Red: Charging or battery is below 30 percent
- Flashing red: batter is below 10 percent
- Green: charging case is fully charged or battery is above 60 percent
- Yellow: Battery is between 30 and 60 percent
- Blue: Updating is in progress.
Battery Charging tips
To prevent the batteries of your Galaxy earbuds to drain faster that it should be, take care of the battery by charging the earbuds properly and correctly:
- Use the supplied charging case.
- Clean charging case terminals with soft dry cloth for signs of dust, water to prevent corrosions.
- Use the supplied charging cable when charging the case
- Do not bend the charging cable, doing so reduces the charger’s lifespan or it can damage the charger.