The Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro is Samsung’s offering for sports and fitness enthusiasts. They’re small, lightweight, and rated IPX7 for resistance against submersion in water. These Galaxy buds are also well-built and won’t fall out from your ears with moderate head movements, truly a stable in-ear fit.
Though it is well-built to not get easily removed on your ears, Samsung Galaxy Buds can easily get lost or misplaced. If that happens, you might find a hard time looking for the lost Samsung Galaxy Buds. This post should help you track and hopefully find your lost Galaxy buds quickly. Read further for more details.
Find Lost Galaxy Buds 2 Pro
Find Lost Samsung Galaxy Buds That Are Connected
This method allows you to find your lost Galaxy buds that are still connected on your phone. It is intended for those who keep on misplacing their Galaxy buds. As long as it is still in the bluetooth range, you will be able to track your missing Galaxy buds using the Galaxy Wearable app by following these steps:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Just scroll down to tap on Find My Earbuds option to open the SmartThings Find app on your phone.
- Navigate and Ring are the two options you will see. Since your Galaxy buds are within the Bluetooth range, tap Ring option.
- Tap on Start to make your Galaxy buds beep. This a great earbuds feature and both Galaxy buds should start making noise now. But if only one is missing, you should be able to mute the other piece by tapping on the speaker icon below that earbud.
- If you are able to find the missing Galaxy buds, tap on Stop.
The Bluetooth range can only be connected up to 32 feet. If your earbuds are beyond that point, this procedure might not be useful. Also, there are cases wherein the Galaxy buds may run out of battery, so looking for the lost Samsung Galaxy buds using this method won’t work.
You may proceed to the next recommendation. You might be able to find the missing earbuds using the Galaxy Wearable app, but the lost Galaxy Buds case or missing charging case can’t be located anymore. Additionally, the Find My Earbuds feature locates the Galaxy Buds by using an infrared (IR) sensor. Things such as debris or other foreign substances may block the IR sensor and may affect the Galaxy Buds Pro’s beeping sound and even the automatic mute function.
If you are an iOS or iPhone user, you can use the dedicated Galaxy Buds app instead of the wearable app. However, the Galaxy buds pro is not supported yet as this app is only compatible with Galaxy Buds Live, and Buds+.
Find Lost Samsung Galaxy Buds That Are Not Connected
What will you do if the missing Galaxy buds are not connected? It might be hard to recall when was the last time you had it on your ears or where is the last place that you have your earbuds on. These scenarios seem to be hard, but there’s still a possibility that you will be able to locate them by using these steps:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Scroll down to tap on Find My Earphones to the SmartThings Find app on your phone.
- You will be able to see the last known location of both earbuds on the Galaxy Wearable app. Also, you will get to see when was the last time that location was updated on Google Maps.
- If you have located the address but don’t know where exactly it is, tap Navigate option to locate the Galaxy buds on Google Maps. The information provided may not be as accurate as something like finding your lost AirTags, but this is something that you can use to start looking for your missing earbuds.
- Simply follow Google Maps to get near the last known location of the Galaxy Buds. Tap on the Search nearby option in the SmartThings Find app. This will allow the Galaxy Wearable app to scan for both earbuds and notify you once it finds them. Moving around that area will also help in finding your lost Galaxy buds.
- If the wearable app is able to find the missing earbuds, it will then provide you with a notification.
What You Should Do To Get a Notification If You Left Behind Your Samsung Galaxy Buds
If you are able to find your lost Samsung Galaxy buds, it is best to enable the Notify when left behind functionality in the SmartThings Find app. This allows the Galaxy Wearable app to send you a notification every time you leave your Galaxy Buds in an unknown location.
This is a great way for you to avoid losing your precious Samsung Galaxy buds. To set it up, follow these steps:
- Open the SmartThings Find app on your smartphone and go to the Devices tab.
- Tap on your Galaxy Buds name, then tap on the Find device option.
- Toggle switch on next to Notify when left behind option to enable the feature.
If you want the app to avoid sending notifications in certain places, you can also set up the handy feature of safe places using these simple steps:
- Launch the SmartThings Find app on your phone and go to the Devices > Galaxy Buds > Find device.
- Tap on Notify when left behind option.
- Tap on the Add Safe place button. You can enter a name for the location and use the pin on the map to locate the safe place. Use the slider at the bottom to increase or decrease the radius of Safe Place if there’s a need to.
What Do I Do If I Lost One Galaxy bud?
You may attempt to locate the missing pair of your Galaxy buds using the steps provided above. If in any case that you are able to find it and it’s completely lost, you don't have to buy a completely new set of earbuds again.
Simply buy one earbud separately and pair it with the remaining one. In this way, you can use the Galaxy Buds together as a pair again.
What Scenarios Will Hinder You To Locate Your Lost Samsung Galaxy Buds?
There are different reasons on why you might not be able to find your lost earbuds even after using the wearable app or Smartthings App. Your Galaxy Buds Pro battery might be dead, they are out of the stipulated 32 feet Bluetooth range, they are inside the case or the IR sensor is blocked will hinder you from locating them.
Even if you use the GPS function with the Smartthings find feature and check the most recently recorded location, your Galaxy buds might not be traceable anymore.
Will I Be Able To Locate the Lost Galaxy Buds Charging Case?
Unfortunately, the charging case of your Galaxy buds doesn’t have any bluetooth connectivity or GPS function. This means you won’t be able to locate it using the wearable app or the Smartthings app.
The best way to find your missing case is by retracing your steps. You might be able to think of a place where you’ve last used it, such as in the office, in the car, or at a friend’s place. You can go back to the last location you can think of and try and look around for the case more diligently.
If you are not able to find it, your best bet is to purchase a replacement from Samsung. There will be a corresponding fee to have a replacement case. Just visit your nearest service center and also bring your Galaxy Buds so they can help you pair them.
Are There Other Ways So I Won’t Lose My Galaxy Buds?
The best way to avoid losing your Galaxy Buds is to purchase a Samsung Galaxy SmartTag. This is a Bluetooth-enabled tracking device that can locate anything attached to it. It also uses the SmartThings Find feature on your smartphone.
Just like Apple’s AirTags, you can attach the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag to your Galaxy Buds case. It can also be attached to car keys, handbags, or laptop bags and then locate the items using your smartphone if you misplace them.
It is one of those devices that is discoverable within a 120m radius using Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. In instances like you lose the case with the tracker, simply tap Ring from the SmartThings app on your smartphone, and it will play a beeping sound to help you find it. If it is beyond the 120m radius, you can get to its location using the Navigation feature of Google Maps.