In this post, we will tell you what to do if Samsung Galaxy A53 Camera keeps crashing. Random app crashing is normal, but if the issue occurs every time you’ve been using the app, then it is possible that there’s a reason behind it. It could be caused by the app itself or the device has a firmware-related problem.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 8 minutes
But the good thing is, this is just a minor problem and you don't need to bring your device to the tech. Meaning, you can resolve this issue on your own by simply doing simple basic troubleshooting procedures on your phone. So, if you have a similar issue with your phone, then continue reading for this might help you.
- First solution: Close the camera and force restart your phone
Most of the time, app crashes happen due to a glitch in the system. So, to eliminate this suspicion, the first thing that you should do is to close the camera and do a forced restart on your device. This method will refresh the memory of your phone as well as all its services. Here's how you do it:
1. Tap the Recent Apps key to view the apps that are running in the background.
2. Tap Close All to quit them all in one tap.
3. Now to force restart your phone, press and hold the Volume Down button and the 4. Power key for 8 seconds. This will trigger your device to shut down and power back up.
5. When the logo shows, release both keys and allow the phone to continue the boot process.
After the forced restart, use your phone and launch the camera app to see if it still crashes. If so, then move to the next method.
- Second solution: Use the camera in Safe mode
Another factor to consider that could trigger app crashes is due to third-party apps. There is a possibility that one of the apps complicates the system and the camera app was affected. So, the best thing that you can do is to boot your device in Safe Mode.
In this mode, all third-party apps will be disabled temporarily and only the pre-installed ones will be left running in the system. This is how you boot your device in Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key for a couple of seconds.
2. When the Power options show, tap and hold the Power off option until it turns into Safe mode.
3. Tap Safe mode to restart your phone.
When the device is already in Safe mode, use the camera and see if it still crashes. If it works normally, then one of the third-party apps is causing the issue. You can uninstall the suspected app so that the issue will be fixed. However, while in Safe mode and the issue still happening, move to the next procedure.
- Third solution: Reset the camera
Sometimes, due to corrupted apps files and data there is a possibility that the app will crash for no apparent reason. So, by doing an app reset, all files and data will be deleted and replaced by newer ones. Don't worry, this method is safe and won't delete your important files saved in your device.
1. To do so, pull up the App Drawer and look for the camera.
2. Tap and hold on its icon until the Options menu shows.
3. Tap the App info icon.
4. Scroll down and tap Storage.
5. Tap Clear cache.
6. Tap Clear data, and tap OK to confirm it.
After the reset, launch your camera and see if it still crashes.
- Fourth solution: Factory reset your phone
After performing the previous methods and the issue still occurs, then your last resort is to do a reset on your phone. This method is very effective, especially in fixing firmware-related problems. But before you do the reset make sure to backup all your files and data because all will be deleted during the process.
After the creating a backup and the device is ready, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap General management.
3. Tap Reset to view all reset options.
4. Tap Factory data reset.
5. Scroll down and tap Reset.
6. If prompted, enter your security lock.
7. Tap Delete all.
8. Enter your password and tap Done to proceed with the reset.
After the reset, use your phone and try using the camera app and see if the issue is fixed.
- Galaxy A53
We hope this post helps!