Issues like app crashing are common and there are several reasons to consider why this problem occurs. It could be due to a firmware issue or the app itself has a problem. But don’t you worry, this is just a minor issue and you can fix it by doing a simple troubleshooting procedure on your phone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 8 minutes
In this article, I will guide you in troubleshooting your Instagram that keeps crashing on your Samsung Galaxy A73. We will try to rule-out each and every possibility until we can determine the real issue and resolve it. So, if you own a Galaxy A73 and have a similar problem, then continue reading for this post might help you.
- First solution: Force restart your Galaxy A73
Before anything else, the first thing that you should do is to restart your Galaxy A73. Doing this will rule-out the possibility that a glitch in the system is causing the problem.
This method will refresh the memory of your phone by closing all apps running in the background as well as all its services. This is how its done:
1. Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet.
2. While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well.
3. Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy A73 logo shows on the screen.
After the restart, launch Instagram and see if the problem is fixed. However, if the app still crashes, then move to the next method.
- Second solution: Clear cache and data of Instagram
There are instances when an app's cache and data are corrupted, issues like app crashing occur without apparent reason. So, through app reset we can be certain that newer files and data will be created and could run smoothly on the system.
Don't worry, this method is safe and won't delete any of your important files on your device. Here's how you do it:
1. Swipe down from the tap of the display to pull the notification panel down.
2. Tap the Settings icon on the top-right corner of the screen (cog wheel).
3. Scroll a little bit to find Apps and then tap on it.
4. Find and tap Gallery.
5. Touch Storage.
6. Now, tap Clear cache.
7. And then, tap Clear data and touch OK at the bottom of the screen.
When the reset is done, launch again your Instagram and see if the issue still occurs. If the problem persists, follow the next method.
- Fourth solution: Backup your files and reset your phone
Since the procedures you performed failed to resolve the issue on your device, the last thing that you can do is to do a reset. App crashes are often caused by a firmware-related issue, so by doing this method any firmware-related issues on your phone will be fixed.
However, before you follow the procedure make sure to create a backup because all files and data on your device will be deleted.
1. After the backup and your phone is ready, follow these steps:
2. Turn off the device.
3. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
4. When the Samsung logo shows, release all three keys.
5. Your Galaxy A73 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step.
6. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
7. Press Power button to select.
8. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
9. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
10. When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
11. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Set up your phone as a new device before reinstalling Instagram.
- Galaxy A73
I hope that we’ve been able to help you.