The JBL Clip 4 Bluetooth not working issue prevents you from connecting the speaker to your smartphone. This can be caused by different factors such as a drained speaker battery, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps to fix this.
The JBL Clip 4 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that you can easily clip on your bag thanks to its built-in carabiner. It has a rugged design and has a good sound quality making it the perfect companion for your outdoor trips. Some of its features include an IP67 body, integrated carabiner, and a 10 hour battery on a full charge.
Technical specifications of JBL Clip 4:
- Transducer: 40 mm
- Output power: 5 W RMS
- Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >85dB
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 86.30mm*134.50mm*46.0mm
- Weight: 0.239 kg
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2400 – 2483.5MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤ 10 dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer 3.885Wh
- Battery charge time: 3 hours (5V/500mA)
- Music play time: up to 10 hour.
What to do when your JBL Clip 4 doesn’t connect to a Bluetooth device
One issue that you might encounter with your Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker is when you are unable to pair it with your smartphone. This can be an annoying problem especially if you want to play your favorite music on the speaker. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Clip 4
The first troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure removes any data on the Bluetooth speaker and brings it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this for around 10 seconds to reset the device.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
After performing these steps try to check if you can pair the speaker. Make sure to delete the speaker name on your phone Bluetooth list prior to connecting to it again.
Method 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
One factor that can cause this problem is if the speaker is already paired to a different device. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Turn on the Clip 4.
- Press and hold down the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds
- When the light begins flashing the Bluetooth speaker is ready to pair and connect.
Make sure to delete the speaker connection name on your phone then do a Bluetooth scan so that the speaker name will appear on it. Try connecting to the speaker.
Method 3: Charge the speaker to fix Bluetooth not working issue
If the battery is low in charge or drained then there’s a possibility that the Bluetooth feature will not work. If this is the culprit then all you need to do to fix this is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of at least 1.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 3 hours then check if you can connect the speaker to your Bluetooth device.
Method 4: Device is not in range
The recommended working range between the speaker and the device it is connecting to should not exceed 100 feet. This range will decrease if there are a lot of obstructions or signal interferences such as walls between both devices.
Try placing the speaker and the device it is connecting to side by side then check if the problem still occurs.
Having the JBL Clip 4 Bluetooth not working issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.