Network problems are among the most common even to high-end smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S10e. In fact, some of our readers have been complaining because their devices were having issues connecting to a WiFi network. There was one case that caught my attention because the Galaxy S10e reportedly keeps disconnecting from the network.
This problem could be just a minor issue with the phone or your network devices. There haven’t been any major issues reported about the phone’s wireless communications so we can assume this is just a minor problem that you can fix on your own. If you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently being bugged by a similar issue, continue reading as this short troubleshooting guide may be able to help you.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to your problem, then try to visit our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed most of the commonly reported issues with the phone. We’ve already provided solutions to some of the problems reported by our readers so try to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you and if you need further assistance, fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit.
Troubleshooting Galaxy S10e that keeps disconnecting from WiFi network
There are only a few procedures I will give you in this guide as I omitted ones that aren’t really helpful. Based on experience, this is just a minor problem and it should be fixed by one of the procedures below. Here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Force restart your phone
It’s always advisable to do this procedure first as the problem could be due to a minor glitch or firmware issue. After all, it’s pretty easy to do and very effective in fixing minor problems. This could save you from doing all other procedures below. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it yet.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy S10e logo shows.
Once the phone has successfully rebooted, try to see if it still keeps disconnecting from WiFi network. If it still does, then move on to the next procedure.
Second solution: Power-cycle your network devices
It’s always a possible that the cause of this problem is your network devices. There are times when these things also crash and intermittently stops broadcasting signal. Therefore, it’s very important to refresh the connection between your phone and your network devices by power-cycling them.
- Unplug your modem or router from the wall outlet.
- Leave it without power for a minute or two.
- After that, plug the device back into the wall outlet and wait until it starts to broadcast signal.
- Let your phone reconnect to the network.
Observe your device closely to know if it still keeps disconnecting from the network. If it still does, then try the next solution.
Third solution: Reset network settings
If your Galaxy S10e still keeps disconnecting from the network after the first two procedures, then it’s time to delete all wireless connections in your phone and refresh all wireless services. You can achieve this by resetting the network settings of your phone.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull the notification panel down.
- Touch the Settings icon on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Once Settings is opened, scroll down to find General management and then tap on it.
- Touch Reset.
- Tap Reset network settings.
- Tap Reset settings.
- Enter your your PIN, password or pattern.
- Tap Reset.
After this, only the mobile data is enabled so turn on WiFi so it will scan for available networks and then let your phone reconnect to your network. If it still keeps disconnecting even after this, then there’s no other choice but to reset your phone.
Fourth solution: Backup your files and reset your phone
A master reset can fix any software issues including this one. However, we are always hesitant to suggest this procedure without exhausting all possible solutions. At this point though, you have no other choice. Therefore, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data. After that, remove your Google and Samsung accounts so that you won’t be locked out. Once everything is in order, follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Galaxy S10 Plus logo shows on the screen, release all keys.
- Your phone will continue the boot process until it reaches the recovery mode.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Galaxy S10e that keeps disconnecting from WiFi network. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e shows “Internet may not be available” error
- How to disable Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy S10e keeps showing the ‘Camera failed’ error