There have been reports from users wherein they are experiencing issues with Soundlink Revolve Bluetooth speaker such as speaker does not turn on whenever it is unplugged and is only using its battery power. There are several reasons that can cause this particular problem to occur ranging from enabled batter protection mode, products needs a reset, and outdated software to battery drained and or the battery is already depleted. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we will tackle some of the recommended troubleshooting solutions that you can try to fix not turning on using only battery power on Bose Soundlink Revolve Bluetooth speaker.
What to do if Soundlink Revolve does not power on when using only its battery power
Bose Soundlink Revolve 360 Wireless sound specifications:
- Dimensions: 5.97″x 3.24″ x 3.24″
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Output: 3.5mm auxilliary
- Input: Micro-B USB port
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet or 9 meters
- Water Resistant: Yes IPX4
- Battery: Lithium-ion
- Battery Life: 12 hours playback time
- Bose Connect app: YES
- Colors available: Luxe Silver & Triple Black
Try the following solutions below if you cannot turn on or power on Soundlink Revolve using its battery power when it is not plugged to a charger:
Solution 1: Exit Battery protection mode
To preserve the battery life of Bose product, when speaker is not used for a period of time (usually more than 3 days) and is not connected to a wall outlet it will enter into battery protection mode. It is possible that Bose product will not power ON using its battery power if it is in battery protection, therefore to fix this you may need to exit battery protection mode.
To exit just connect Bose product to a power source using charging cable to charge it. Important reminder to keep in mind: When batter indicator on Bluetooth speaker is already blinking red, this means it is on low battery level. If this happens, make sure to charge the speaker. However if speaker will not be used for a longer period of time, make sure to place it in a cool dry place and make sure also it is not fully charged.
Solution 2: Check Battery level
If battery level is already drained, it is likely the cause for Bose product to not power on when using its battery power. To fix this, connect speaker to power source using USB cable and wait for at least 15 minutes to try powering it on again. It can take at least 15 minutes for Bose Bluetooth speaker to increase battery level.
Battery level can be checked based on the color of the battery light status:
- Green: battery is on 50% or more battery level
- Amber: battery is on 10-50% battery level
- Red (Blinking): battery is below 10% battery level
Once Bose product has been charged for 15 minutes, unplugged Bose bluetooth speaker from the power source and then try to turn it on again using only its battery power to check if the issue still exists.
Solution 3: Make sure Battery is not depleted
If after checking battery level and charging it for a few minutes and the issue still exists, the next thing to do is to make sure that battery is not depleted. Lithium ion batteries can deplete for a continued use. If battery life is draining more than usual, it is likely possible that battery is already depleted that is why speaker will not turn on using its battery power.
To fix this, you may need to bring speaker in for service. Check where the nearest Authorized Bose service center in your area to have the battery replaced using a genuine replacement battery by an Authorized Bose technician.
Solution 4: Update Soundlink Revolve
Make sure to check for and install any available product updates from time to time regardless of the issues you are experiencing. Updating products ensures that Bose product has the latest features and product enhancements. Updated version most of the time fixes minor issues on products as well.
There are two separate ways to do this:
- Using Bose connect app. An application that allows you to control Bose product directly from the app. Allows you to control volume level, check battery level and update product as well. This application is free to download on iOS (App Store) and Android device (Google Play).
- Using Bose Updater that is found on Bose website. You may need to download the application on the computer, connect speaker to the computer and follow the onscreen instruction for updating and installing new updates.
After checking for and installing updates, try to turn on Soundlink Revolve again using only its battery power to check if the issue still exists.
Solution 5: Reset Bose product
Last solution but definitely not the least is to reset Bose product. Resetting aims to correct minor issues that may cause problems with Bose Bluetooth speaker in this case not turning on while on battery power. In here, saved settings will not be erased as compared to restoring it to factory reset where product will return to its factory settings.
- Remove the charging cable from Bluetooth speaker
- Press and hold the Power Button to turn it on using the remaining battery power
- Press and hold Multi function button for 10 seconds.
Wait for status indicator light to glow.
Once reset process is complete, try to turn on Soundlink Revolve again using only its battery power to check if the issue still exists.
Hope this article helps with fix problem with Soundlink Revolve will not fully charge.
For more troubleshooting videos, feel free to visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel.
- How To Fix Bose Soundlink Revolve Battery Does Not Fully Charge
- Fix Bose Connect App Does Not Detect Soundlink Revolve