Need help in unbanning your EA account for FIFA 21 after it’s been slapped with a suspension or ban? In this article, we’ll explain to you what a suspension or ban is and how you can appeal to EA to take a second look at your case.
What’s the difference between an account suspension and a ban?
The only major difference between a suspension and a ban in FIFA 21 is the prescribed period. When your FIFA 21 account is suspended, you may be unable to play the game or a certain mode for a particular time, say a week. Once the timer for the suspension expires, your EA account can resume playing as if nothing happens. Account suspension typically happens if you break any of the rules set by Electronic Arts for its games.
On the other hand, an account ban is the more serious of the two as it’s prescribed period is usually longer than a suspension and may even be permanent. Like a suspension, you may, at first offense, be temporarily blocked from playing FIFA 21 or some of its online modes but after repeated offenses, the ban may become permanent. A ban is also not limited to your EA account only, as it can also be applied to your device or hardware. For example, if you’ve been flagged to have repeatedly violated FIFA 21 Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct, EA Sports can opt to either ban your account, console/PC, or both.
What are the causes of suspension or ban of your FIFA 21 account?
EA takes account suspension or ban seriously and so they’ll conduct an investigation on their end first to determine if your account or device deserves to be banned or suspended. There’s a broad range of reasons why they issue a suspension or a ban. Let’s discuss each of them briefly below.
Violation of User Agreements.
The EA account user agreement that you are supposed to be aware of aims to promote four behavior changes:
- discouraging toxic behavior
- making things fair
- having clean content
- keeping everything legal.
Here’s the link if you want to access the full EA account User Agreement.
This deserves special mention as many PC players playing FIFA have been reported to have resorted to third party cheating software and unfair practices to rack up wins. It’s a broad section by itself and it not limited to usage of cheats. If you perform newly discovered exploits or regularly abuse glitches in an online mode, that is also considered cheating.
For some players, forcing other players or opponents to become disconnected from EA Sports servers so they can score a win is also a form of cheating.
Buying FUT coins from third party.
This is the most common reason why many FIFA 21 players are reporting that their accounts have been banned. While the game lets you earn FUT coins after a successfully finished match, some people may find their earnings too low to buy digital items in-game and thus they might resort to get them from non-game sources.
If you boosted your FUT coins and you got a notice from EA that your account has been banned or suspended, your account may just have lost access to play FIFA 21 again. The worst thing that could happen is of course a device suspension or ban. This means that your PC or console will be suspended or banned by EA instead of your account. If this happens, you won’t be able to play any FIFA 21 online mode again on this machine, even if you use a different account.
Can you get unbanned in FIFA 21?
As mentioned above, account or device suspension is temporary so all you have to do is to simply wait until it expires. However, if you are facing an account or device ban, you may or may not be able to undo it. The decision for a ban is often final and we still haven’t known any instance where EA has reversed their decision to unban an account or device.
Still, you can try to appeal to EA to look into the circumstances of your case.
How to fix FIFA 21 account suspension or ban?
Electronic Arts will notify you via email if your account has been suspended or banned. Be sure to check your email address to know the reasons.
And if you think that you’ve done nothing wrong and the suspension or ban is a mistake, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/.
- Once you’re on the page, click on Contact Us at the top.
- Select the game (FIFA 21).
- Select your platform.
- Click on Manage my account>Banned or suspended account.
- Click Select Contact Option button.
- Sign in to your EA account that was suspended or banned.
- You should now see form that you can fill out. Make sure to enter all relevant and important details that might help in unbanning your account such as:
- Username (also known as EA ID, PlayStation Network ID, Xbox Gamertag, EA mobile ID, or any other username for your specific platform).
- Email address tied to the suspended or banned account.
- Relevant details about your case that might help EA support team to unban your account. It’s important that you must convince EA to reverse their decision and do a second look at your account.
- Once you’ve filled out the web form, click on Email Us button to send it to EA.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Fix FIFA 21 “Unable To Process Request” Error | NEW 2021
- How To Change PS4 Country Or Region | NEW & Updated 2021!
- How To Change Age On PS4 Account | New & Updated 2021!
- How To Calibrate Nintendo Switch Controllers | NEW 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.