This post will walk you through activating the Android 13 Location services for location-based apps and services to work smoothly on the newest Google Pixel device. Here’s a quick guide to enable location services on Google Pixel 7.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Many Android apps require location permission access in order to work as intended. And since location services are disabled by default in most smartphones, expect location-based services to ask your permission to access and use location information on your device whenever you launch them.
If you're not comfortable with this setup, then you can just configure your phone's settings to enable location services instead. Outlined below are the steps on how to get this done on the latest Google Pixel 7 device. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- First, navigate to the Apps screen by swiping up from the bottom of the Home screen. Once you’re in the Apps screen, find and then tap the Settings icon to launch the Settings app menu.
You can also launch the Settings app straight from the Quick settings panel on your device.
- While in the Settings menu, scroll to find and then tap Location.
You will then be taken to another menu with relevant inbuilt features and location settings.
- To continue, tap to turn on the switch next to Use location.
Doing so activates the location services on your phone.
- To view and manage more location services options, tap Location services and then select the option that you’d like to manage.
Your phone also lets you view more information about the most location access made by relevant apps on your device.
- To view all recent location access made on your device, tap See all under the Recent access section.
On the following screen, you can view and manage location access to your certain apps and services.
- To view and manage apps that have permission to access your device’s location, tap App Location permissions.
On the succeeding window, you will see a list of all apps and services that have location access on your phone.
- Google Pixel 7
If necessary, you can change the location permission access for certain apps. Just tap on the app that you’d like to change permission to access your phone’s location.
Enabling location services may likewise come in handy whenever you’re experiencing in-app glitches when using location-based apps. The same thing when you want to get better local search results including directions to a specific destination.
And that’s all about activating location services on the new Google Pixel 7 device.