When playing this game you might experience the CSGO freezing randomly issue. There are several factors that can cause this problem ranging from a software glitch to a hardware issue. You will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps to fix this.
CSGO or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is an online multiplayer first shooter game that can be downloaded from Steam. It is developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment and was first released in 2012. It is one of the most popular titles in Steam with almost a million people playing the game on a daily basis.
Fixing the random freezing crashing issue when playing CSGO
One of the problems that you might encounter when trying to play this game is when it freezes or crashes. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
What to do first:
- Restart the computer then check if the issue still occurs.
- Make sure your Steam client is updated.
- Make sure the game is updated.
Method 1: Check and see if your computer meets the hardware requirements
In order to play the game smoothly you will need to make sure that your computer meets the necessary hardware requirements. The good thing is that this game can be played on most of the modern laptops and desktops being sold today. Here’s a list of the minimum requirements.
- OS: Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 processor or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 15 GB available space
Method 2: Update your computer graphics card
Sometimes the problem is caused by an old graphics driver. Try checking if an update is available and if it is you should install it. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card then here’s what you need to do.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Update GPU driver
- Right click on the NVIDIA settings icon.
This is one of the hidden icons on the Task Bar.
- Click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
This will open the GeForce Experience window.
- Click the Drivers tab.
This is the second tab on top of the window.
- Click Check for updates.
This will check if any new drivers are available. If a new driver is found then download and install it.
If you don’t see the GeForce Experience then you should download it first from here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/.
You can also update your graphics card driver from the device manager.
- Right click the Start button.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow before Display Adapters.
- Right click the display adapter then click Update driver.
- Click search automatically for drivers.
Method 3: Verify CSGO to fix the randomly freezing issue
Sometimes the problem can be caused by corrupted game files. To fix this you should verify the game.
- Open the Steam launcher.
- Click the Library tab.
- Search for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Right click the game then click Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab.
- Click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button. This will check and fix for any files that are missing or corrupted.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the CSGO freezing randomly issue.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.