There are various issues that could be causing the Battle Cry of Freedom game not to launch on Steam. A corrupted game file, hardware troubles, or obsolete graphics drivers could all be to blame. To repair this, you’ll need to go through a number of troubleshooting procedures.
Battle Cry of Freedom is a first and third-person combat shooter set in 19th-century America on Steam. The game is set in 19th-century America and allows players to fight as either the Union or the Confederates in the American Civil War. With a diverse arsenal of weapons ranging from long-range rifled muskets and artillery to deadly close combat weapons like bayonets, knives, and sabers. To win the game, many players will have to choose whether to fight for the North or the South in the this game.
Battle Cry of freedom game won’t launch? here’s how to fix it
One issue you can have with your Battle Cry of Freedom game on Steam is that it won’t launch. You won’t get any response if you click on the game shortcut or link from the Steam client.
Here’s how to fix Battle cry of freedom game won’t launch.
Fix #1 Battle cry of freedom minimum system requirements
The first thing you should do in this scenario is make sure your computer meets the Battle Cry of Freedom game’s minimum or recommended system requirements. This could be the reason why it won’t start if it doesn’t fulfill the game’s requirements.
Minimum System Requirement
- Requires a 64-bit processor and OS
- OS: Windows 8 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: 3.5 GHz Quad Core
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 960
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 30 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 11 64-bit
- Processor: 4 GHz Quad Core
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 40 GB available space
Fix #2 Check antivirus program
In some cases, antivirus program will prevent the game from launching. Turn off the real-time protection feature of your antivirus for a moment to see whether this is the cause of Battle Cry of Freedom not starting.
Time Needed : 2 minutes
- Click Windows Start button.
You can find this on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click Settings.
This will open the Settings window.
- Click Update & Security.
This will open Update & Security window.
- Click Windows Security.
This will allow you to access the Windows security menu.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
This will open the antivirus settings menu.
- Click Manage settings.
This is where you can manage your antivirus settings.
- Toggle off the Real time protection.
This will temporarily turn off the antivirus.
If Battle Cry of Freedom will launch with your antivirus turned off, you’ll need to add the game to the antivirus’s exception list.
- Step 1: Click the Start Menu button.
- Step 2: Click Settings.
- Step 3: Click Update & Security.
- Step 4: Click Window Security.
- Step 5: Click Virus & threat protection.
- Step 6: Click Manage settings.
- Step 7: Click Add or remove exclusions.
- Step 8: Click Add an exclusion.
- Step 9: Click Folder.
- Step 10: Locate and select the game folder.
Try to launch Battle Cry of Freedom if this will fix the issue.
Fix #3 Check Windows defender firewall
Battle Cry of Freedom will not launch if your computer’s firewall software blocks it from doing so. To see whether the problem goes away, turn off your Windows Defender firewall for a few minutes. Add the game to the exceptions list if this fixes the not launching issue.
- Step 1: Type Windows Firewall in the search bar on your desktop and then click the icon that appears in the results.
- Step 2: Choose Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you find Battle Cry game, then check all boxes.
- Step 4: Click the OK button.
Fix #4 Update graphics driver of your computer
If your graphics card driver is out of date, the Battle Cry of Freedom game will not launch. It’s possible that your computer is running outdated drivers for a dedicated graphics card from Nvidia, AMD, or an Intel integrated graphics card. You should ensure that your graphics card driver is up to date using your Windows computer or download it in the website of your graphics card manufacturer, since this will include gaming performance as well as bug patches that may resolve this issue.
- Step 1: Type Device Manager in the search bar on your desktop and then click the Device Manager icon that appears in the results
- Step 2: Click the Display adapters icon
- Step 3: Right-click the Display adapter you are using to play and then click Update driver
- Step 4: Choose Search automatically for drivers
After Windows will automatically download and install the latest version of driver, try to launch the game.
Fix #5 Verify game files
If there are corrupted or missing game file, the game will not launch. You’ll need to use the Steam client to check the integrity of the game files in order to resolve this. Any files that are missing or corrupt will be replaced with fresh ones downloaded from the servers.
- Step 1: Open Steam client.
- Step 2: In your Steam launcher, click Library. This will open your Library page.
- Step 3: Find Battle Cry Game then right-click Battle Cry Game in your Library and select Properties. This will let you go to the General tab.
- Step 4: Choose the Local Files tab and Select the Verify integrity of game files. This will let you verify the game file.
Fix #6 Update Windows
Make certain that your Windows operating system is up to date. Microsoft will often release many updates for your specific Windows version in order to improve performance or fix any flaws that may exist.
You should upgrade your Windows OS if it is out of date.
- Step 1: Right click the Start button.
- Step 2: Select Settings. This will open Windows settings.
- Step 3: Select Windows Update found on the bottom left menu of the new windows that appears which will take you to the Windows Update section.
- Step 4: Select Check for updates.
After you have the update to latest version of Windows, try to check the if the issue is fixed.
Fix #7 Update Battle Cry of Freedom
You must have the most recent version of the game installed, as this will feature significant speed improvements and bug fixes and fix the launching issue you are experiencing.
- Step 1: Open Steam
- Step 2: Click on Library
- Step 3: Right click on the game
- Step 4: Click Properties
- Step 5: Click Updates
Try to launch it after you have updated to the latest version.
Fix #8 Close programs that are unnecessarily running thru task manager
If you have a lot of other programs open at the same time as you’re launching games, it may cause a launching problem because it won’t be able to access the majority of your computer’s resources. It’s a good idea to close any other apps that are running while playing to fix the problem. You can do this by opening task manager and closing these program in the processes tab.
- Step 1: Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys
- Step 2: Choose the Processes tab and select tasks that are running in the background and consuming resources
- Step 3: Click End Task to close it
After you have close these programs using task manager, try to see if the issue is fix.
Fix #9 Power Options
Check the power option on your computer to discover if it’s in balanced or high-performance mode. Choose the High-performance option to boost performance and properly launch games.
- Step 1: On the search bar on your desktop, type Power & Sleep Settings and click it from the search result. Alternatively you can type control panel and click power options
- Step 2: Click Additional Power Setting
- Step 3: Choose High Performance
Fix #10 Reinstall Battle Cry of Freedom
If the previous troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, you should consider uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.
- Step 1: Go to the Steam Library
- Step 2: Right click on the game then click on Manage then uninstall
- Step 3: Click Uninstall
- Step 4: Right click game then click on install
- Step 5: Click next to proceed with the installation
Feel free to visit our YouTube channel for additional support and troubleshooting guides on various devices.