We have received reports from some users saying that their Fitbit Ionic no longer shows their heart rate. Fitbit devices have pretty simple and straightforward processes and features. The heart rate monitor is one of its selling points so it should work without any problem at all. But since you’re here face-to-face with this problem, I will guide you in troubleshooting your Fitbit Ionic so your heart rate will be shown on the screen.
Continue reading if you’re one of the users who have this problem as this article may be able to help you one way or another. But before we move on, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our Fitbit Ionic troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. If you need more help, then fill up our questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Here are the things you need to of if your Fitbit Ionic doesn’t show your heart rate…
Tighten the band just enough so it isn’t slipping around on your wrist. Your tracker needs a solid contact with your arm to reliably track your heart rate. Heart rate tracking may not work with certain accessory bands, especially if they’re loose fitting. You may also want to try moving the band to a slightly different position on your arm—a little higher or a little lower.
Make sure heart rate monitor is enabled. Try to open the Settings app and find Heart Rate. If it is Off, change the setting to On or you may try toggling the switch off and back on. There were users who reported to have fixed the problem by doing this.
Sync Ionic with Fitbit app. There’s a setting for the heart rate monitor in the Fitbit app. Set it to auto and try to see if it works this time.
- From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
- Tap or click the tracker tile.
- Tap or click Heart Rate and make sure it’s set to Auto.
- Sync your tracker.
Set Heart Rate to Auto in Fitbit.com Dashboard. After checking the setting in the app and making sure it’s set to auto but the heart rate is still not showing or accurate, then change the setting in the Fitbit.com dashboard. Here’s how…
- Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Under Settings > Devices > Heart Rate, make sure it’s set to Auto.
- Sync your tracker.
Factory reset your Fitbit Ionic. After doing all this and the heart rate is still not displaying on the screen, then you have no other choice but to reset your device.
- Remove the Ionic from your account.
- Delete the bluetooth pairing.
- Press and hold all buttons on the device.
- Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
- Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
- You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
- How to fix Fitbit Ionic that won’t update its firmware
- Fitbit Ionic Screen Awake option no longer works
- What to do with your Fitbit Ionic if it’s not charging
- How to fix Fitbit Ionic that’s not receiving notifications from Android
- How to fix Fitbit Ionic that’s not syncing properly