The #LG #G6 is a flagship phone released last year which sports a 5.7 inch IPS LCD display and a Snapdragon 821 processor with 4GB of RAM. The phone has several great features such as waterproofing and dustproofing, a dual rear camera setup, and a high capacity 3300 mAh battery for an extended usage time just to name a few. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG G6 is lagging after Android Oreo update issue and other related problems.
If you own an LG G6 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
LG G6 Is Lagging After Android Oreo Update
Problem: Hey there, i have a lg g6 32gb version and it’s almost a week since i updated to android 8 and ever since the device has been lagging in a manner that whenever a screen opens or refreshes, the new screen/ window/ subwindow will show a green refresh mark for a few seconds or i assume until i press it to refresh the screen, it is really annoying and time wasting. Thank you
Solution: The first thing you should do right now is to check if any of your phone apps have updates available. You can do this by opening the Google Play Store. If updates are available then proceed with updating your apps. Once your apps are updated proceed with checking if the issue still occurs. In case it does then perform the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode. Does the issue occur in this mode? If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Try wiping the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
LG G6 Not Recognizing USB OTG
Problem: Basically I have a USB OTG/connecter which obviously -amongst other things- is supposed to help me connect my USB to my phone and transfer files. But the problem is when I plug it in the android system does detect it, it just doesn’t do what I want it to. For example I click on ‘Tap for other USB options’ and click on the Transfer images but nothing happens. A pop up says USB disconnect until the system realises it is still connected and says USB connected. So what do i do? How can I get the USB options working?
Solution: Once you connect the USB OTG to the phone it should be automatically detected by your device. Try the following steps listed below to connect the USB OTG to your device.
- Connect the OTG cable to your phone
- Connect the opposite side of the OTG cable to the USB device.
- Your phone should detect the new storage device.
In case the issue persists then proceed with the following troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air.
- Try using a different OTG cable
- Try using a different USB OTG
- AS a last resort you can backup your phone data then do a factory reset. This will eliminate any software glitches that could be causing the problem.
LG G6 Showing Dead Android Logo
Problem: I have an LG G6 that totally crashed. I did a factory reset before I updated it and now it just shows a dead android. Is there a way to reload the operating system etc? I’m also not with sprint anymore so I wouldn’t mind unlocking it to use on straight talk etc
Solution: The best thing you can do right now is to remove the microSD card if your phone has one installed then start the phone in recovery mode. From here you will need to do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- ‘Factory data reset’ appears.
- Use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm.
- Erase all user data and restore default settings’ appears.
- Use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
In case the issue still persists then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
LG G6 Crashes When Using Vudu App
Problem: When I start watching one of my digital movies on the Vudu app, I can watch it for about 2 minutes before it crashes and my phone resets, it only crashes on the Vudu app
Solution: The first thing you will need to do in this case is to try to clear the cache and data of the Vudu app from the application manager. Check if the issue still occurs after this. In case it does then you will have to uninstall the app and download an updated version from the Google Play Store.