Sharing a milestone in a game or reporting an error encountered has been made easy with Playstation 4 having the ability to take screenshots and videos. This feature is very convenient as you don’t need to pause if you are in the middle of a game as you can take a screenshot on PS4 while playing.
If you haven’t tried it yet but wanted to for a while, then this page is for you. The steps will be provided below which are quite easy to follow.
How to take a screenshot on PS4 (easy steps)
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Gamers can take a screenshot in the game, from the home screen of the Playstation 4 console or conversations from other players. See the steps below on how to do it.
Get your PS4 controller.
Make sure the controller has sufficient battery.
Look for the SHARE button.
It is located at the upper-left side of the keypad and near the directional pad.
Select the scene you want to capture.
It can be a certain screen or a game menu.
Hold down the SHARE button for one second to capture and save whatever is displayed on the PS4 screen.
Alternatively, you can also press the Share button for at least one second to pull up the Share menu. Then you can press the Triangle button to save the screenshot.
- PS4 Wireless Controller
How to Customize the Share button and Screenshot Settings
Take note that you can customize the Share button settings to capture screenshots in just one click. All you need to do is reprogram the functionally of the share button by heading to the Share menu with the following steps:.
- Press the Share button on your controller to pull up the Share menu.
- Next, press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Share Settings.
- Select Share Button Control Type.
- Choose Easy Screenshot.
Once completed, you can take a screenshot on your PS4 in just a single click on the Share button moving forward.
How to Share Screenshots on your Social Media Accounts
Screenshots on your PS4 can be shared to your social media account such as Facebook and Twitter. You can also post screenshots in the Playstations’ Activities feed, your friends or Communities that you are a part of. A screenshot can be shared right after it was captured or from the Capture Gallery where all the saved images and videos are stored. Take note that you can share one screenshot at a time. Check the steps below as your reference.
Upload an image right after taking a screenshot
- Press the Share button on your PS4 controller once you have selected the image you want to capture.
- Select Upload Screenshot.
- Choose the image you want to post.
- Press the X button once the image has been selected.
- Choose Facebook or Twitter. For your first time to share a screenshot, the username and password for your social media account that you have selected needs to be entered.
- Once log in to your account, choose Share next. You can add captions on the screenshot before posting on these accounts.
Upload an image from the Capture Gallery
- Press the PS button on your controller.
- Select Capture Gallery.
- Locate the image you want to share.
- Press the Share button.
- Select Facebook or Twitter.
- Choose Share to post your screenshots on your Twitter or Facebook account.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Rebuild PS4 Database | Easy And Update Steps 2021
- How To Check FPS On Windows 10 (All Games) | New And Updated 2021
- How To Restart Your PS4 To Safe Mode | Easy And Updated Steps | 2021!
- How To Do A PS4 Factory Reset | Easy And Updated Steps | 2021!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.