The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 that cannot send messages using its default message app or third party message app can be caused by several factors. It can be due to network signal issues, a software glitch, or a setting problem. To fix this you will need to perform some troubleshooting steps.
How do you fix a Samsung not sending Messages?
One of the issues that you might experience when using your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 is when you can’t seem to send any messages to your contact using the messaging app.
Here’s what you need to do to resolve this issue.
Step 1: Check your Galaxy Z Flip 3 signal
The first thing you will need to do when experiencing SMS sending issues is to check your device signal. The signal strength bar should be present in order for you to use your carrier services.
If the Flip 3 has a strong signal and you can’t seem to be getting any messages then here’s what you need to do.
Turn off the Wifi
Try turning off the WiFi of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and see if you can get at least a 3G signal. With the WiFi now off try sending yourself a message.
Toggle airplane mode
Sometimes your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 is unable to register or connect to the network even if a signal is available. A solution to this issue is to toggle your phone’s airplane mode.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down the notification panel.
- Tap the Airplane Mode icon to enable it.
- Wait for a few seconds then press on it again to re-enable it.
Check if your phone is getting a signal from the network. If it is, try to send yourself a message then check if you can receive it.
Step 2: Perform a soft reset
A soft reset is usually performed when a minor software glitch occurs on your Samsung device. This will maintain the performance of your device and keep it running smoothly.
- To turn off the Galaxy z Flip 3 by pressing and hold the Bixby button and the volume down button on the side of the device.
- Choose Power off.
- Choose Power off again.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device to turn on the Samsung device.
Try to send messages to yourself then check if you can receive it.
Step 3: Clear the Message app cache
There are instances when the message app will accumulate corrupted data which can lead to sending issues. In order to fix this you will need to clear the cache of the message app of your Samsung phone.
Clear message app cache
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Locate and then tap Messages.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
Try checking if the issue still occurs.
Step 4: Start the Flip 3 in Safe Mode
If you are using a third party messaging app as the default message app and this has not been configured properly then there’s a chance that this will cause the not receiving messages problem.
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
Check if the issue still occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then the problem is most likely caused by a third party app.
Solution 5: Perform a factory reset
The last troubleshooting step you should perform if all of the above steps fails to fix the problem is a factory reset. This procedure will erase your phone data so make sure to backup your Flip 3 data.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons..
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reboot system now.
- Set up your Android phone.
Once the reset is complete try to check if the issue has been fixed.
In case the issue persists even with a strong signal you should contact your carrier for assistance.