The #Samsung #Galaxy #S8 is the latest flagship smartphone from the South Korean giant that has several interesting features that make it different from the previous flagship models. The screen real estate is now much larger at 5.8 inches with an aspect ratio of 18.5:9. There’s no more physical home button while the fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back portion of the device. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S8 not starting blue LED light keeps flashing issue & other related problems.
S8 Not Starting Blue LED Light Keeps Flashing
Problem: I did not charge my galaxy 8 when I went to bed. It should have had sufficient charge. Phone would not start this morning. I thought it was charge related. I’m away from home so I am just using a usb charge cable. It still will not start. The “blue “ led flashes every few seconds, with or without the charger hooked up.
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this particular case is to simulate a battery pull. This is done by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. In case it doesn’t then you need to charge the phone by following the steps listed below then simulate a battery pull again.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Charge the phone using a wall charger for at least 20 minutes.
- If the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port.
- Turn on the phone by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should consider starting the phone in recovery mode then from here do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
If the issue persists then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S8 Will Not Charge
Problem: Hi, im user s8 from indonesian. So there are some kind of problem with my s8 when I charge it.
- When I charge with the original adapter and cable, it won’t charge, otherwise the pop up moisture detected pop up.
- When I charge using original wireless pad that come with the phone, also with the original cable and charger, my phone can be charge.
- When I try my adapter and cable to charge another s8 phone, it works.
- But, when I try use that adapter and cable to charge to my phone, it doesn’t work, even when I change adapter and cable with another S8 adapter and charge,, it still doesn’t work and pop up moisture detected.
- But, when I use the cable to my laptop and connect it to my phone, it charge,
- When I try using the s7 adapter, it won’t charge, but when I use my nokia 929 adapter, it can charge.
So i little bit confuse here, I have try both soft reset and hard reset the problem is still. I already make sure that both my s8 port and charger is clean and dry. Any solutions? Thank you
Solution: The best thing that you can do right now is to clean the charging port of the phone making sure that it is free from any dirt or debris Use a can of compressed air to clean the port. Try charging the phone. If the issue still occurs then the problem could be caused by a faulty phone charging port assembly. If this is the case then you will need to have this checked at a service center.
S8 Exclamation Mark On Notification Screen
Problem: Hello! I have a little trouble with my Samsung S8 (first time I have a Samsung phone; I’m kind of a newb) Long story short: I went over my gigs allowed on my flat rate (automatic updates on my ps4; no internet at home. I live in the wood… it’s not a joke!). Took care of that; bought 2g more at my phone provider. But it leave me with this problem: I have a little triangle with a ”!” on my screen no; night and days, it stayed there. I’ve tried everything (so I thought but there`s probably more things I can do but do not yet know) and I can’t think of a better guy to help me out than a guy who is called the Droid Guy! So, I’ve tried your trick to reset my data network; unfortunately, it didn’t worked. My question now: Is there anything else I can do to get that little grey cloud (aka surprised triangle) OFF my notification screen? And on the top left corner of my device? I hope you’ll find time to drop me an answer (if there’s one) and I thank you very much in advance. Wish you a good day, take care and a marvelous Holiday times!
Solution: There’s a possibility that this is the emergency alert icon since this is the closest icon that matches your description.
- From a Home screen, navigate to Settings then Privacy and emergency.
- Tap Emergency Alerts.
- Tap SETTINGS (located in the upper-right).
- Tap Alert types then tap any of the following to turn on or off. Extreme alerts, Severe alerts, Amber alerts, Emergency alert text messages
S8 Deleting Emails In Phone Only
Problem: I have work account setup on phone. Work uses Microsoft Outlook 365. First I used the Samsung app but when I deleted email on my phone it also deleted on my computer server which I don’t want to happen. So we deleted the app and added my work account via Microsoft exchange which is what we use here at work and the emails are still deleted. How can I delete on phone ONLY. (I guess the android version below)
Solution: You should try to setup your email using the IMAP protocol instead of the POP3 protocol. Once this is done check if the problem is resolved.
S8 Takes Too Long to Update Software
Problem: From today morning 8 am I was updating my Samsung S8 software but till now 10.45 am it is still upgrading Message showing ANDROID IS STARTING, Optimising app 89 of 89. More than 100 times the above message is shown…please help
Solution: For this particular case you should try wiping the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode. Once this is done restart the phone then check if the issue gets resolved.
S8 Takes Too Long to Open Email
Problem: Hello: I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with a 256 Gb Sim card. When I’m running the email, when trying to see the content of a certain email, it takes forever to open. I have cleaned all the trash and continuously update the information of my accounts. DO you know what can be done to fix this issue? Thanks.
Solution: The first thing that you need to do is to check if this is a connection related problem. Try connecting your phone to a different Wi-Fi network then check if the issue still occurs. If it does then there’s a possibility that this is caused by a glitch in the email app. I recommend that you clear the cache and data of your email app to fix this problem. You will need to setup your email account again once this is done.