The error “Internet may not be available” that seems to be bugging some owners of the Samsung Galaxy S10e is a common problem. It means that your phone is actually connected to the network but doesn’t have access to the Internet. It could be an issue with the network or your ISP or it could be a problem with your phone itself.
You need to do some basic troubleshooting to determine the issue especially if your phone has been working perfectly fine before this issue occurred. This is the kind of problem you can fix on your own if you’re only willing to do some procedures. So, in this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Galaxy S10e that keeps showing the “Internet may not be available” error even if it’s connected to the WiFi network. Continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
For owners who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common problems with this device. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance don’t hesitate to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
Fixing Galaxy S10e with “Internet may not be available” error
Based on experience, this problem or error is not really that serious. In fact, the problem here is that you have no Internet connection even if your phone gets a valid IP address from your router or modem. You only have to do some practical troubleshooting to get this problem fixed. Here are the things you need to do:
First solution: Force restart your Galaxy S10e
If it’s the first time you encountered this problem, then it’s possible that it’s just due to a minor firmware issue or even a glitch. These problems can be fixed by simply doing the forced reboot procedure. This will refresh your phone’s memory as well as reload all its apps and services. To do this follow these steps:
- Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy S10e shows on the screen.
After this procedure, try to check if the “Internet may not be available” still shows under your WiFi connection. If it still does, then move on to the next procedure.
Second solution: Power-cycle your modem or router
Another effective solution when it comes to “Internet may not be available” error is refreshing the connection by rebooting your network devices. It happens so often that a router or modem may momentarily stop broadcasting signal for some reason. When this happen, a connection between the router and your phone may still be active but the connection to the internet is already lost. To rule out this possibility, here’s what you need to do:
- Unplug your router or modem from the wall outlet.
- Leave the device without power for a minute or two.
- After that, plug it back in and wait until it starts to broadcast the signal.
- Reconnect the phone to the network to see if the “Internet may not be available” error is still there.
After this procedure and your phone still has the same problem, then move on to the next step.
Third solution: Reset Network Settings
If the first two procedures failed to fix the problem, then the next thing you should do is refresh the connection between your phone and the router. You can achieve this by resetting the network settings of your phone. Most of the time, network problems will be fixed by this procedure so it’s worth trying. This is how you do it:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen, to pull the notification panel down.
- Tap the Settings icon on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll to and tap General Management
- Tap Reset.
- Touch Reset network settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS.
- If prompted, enter your PIN, Password or Pattern.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS. Once complete, a confirmation window will appear.
After this, turn on WiFi again and let your phone reconnect to the network. You can see immediately if the error “Internet may not be available” is still there or not. If it’s still there, then move on to the next solution.
ALSO READ: How To Remap The Bixby Button On Galaxy S10e
Fourth solution: Backup your files and reset your phone
After doing all procedures above and your phone is still not getting a Internet connectivity due to “Internet may not be available” error, then the next thing you should do is reset your phone. This is the ultimate solution to problems like this but we’re often hesitant to suggest it without exhausting all possible solutions as you may lose some files. But at this point, you have no other choice but to reset your device. So, make sure to create a backup for all your important files and data as they will be deleted. Also, make sure to remove both your Google and Samsung accounts so that you won’t be locked out of your device after the reset.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Galaxy S10e logo shows, release all keys.
- Once the phone reaches the black screen with blue and yellow texts, it’s already in the recovery mode.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Galaxy S10e shows “Internet may not be available” even if it’s connected to WiFi. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.